Player Discussion Chris Kreider: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He's injured? Well, that explains why he plays like dog poo. But, even when he's healthy, his shot is mediocre, while his passing and vision isn't that great either. He's good at cycling, screening and creating room for others. He can also rush past a tired D-man and try his only deking move, which is to slide the puck along the ice, into the pad at the far post. It doesn't work that often.

He has honestly not evolved much at all since he entered the league, IMO. Deflections and screening the goalie, what else? Maybe that's why he has become more of a garbage collector around the crease, than a star power forward. Not that there's anything wrong with being the garbage collector, that's an important role in hockey if you want to win hockey games.
No he’s not injured, he just doing what Kreider does, goes through 10 game stretches where he gives a half effort. Can’t wait for this guy to be dealt. I can’t believe some people actually thought he should wear the C.

Reactions: leetch99

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Some players just play bad in their contract year, knowing they have an uncertain future on the team.

Chris Kreider has always had games where he's been invisible. But this start is particularly terrible.

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Some players just play bad in their contract year, knowing they have an uncertain future on the team.

Chris Kreider has always had games where he's been invisible. But this start is particularly terrible.
Yup, and he’s known for being a little
too thoughtful. Probably the last guy we should have in this type of situation.

Hopefully he improves with normal scheduling again. Hard to know what’s what when we’re coming out cold against teams who have been playing every other day for weeks already.

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Yup, and he’s known for being a little
too thoughtful. Probably the last guy we should have in this type of situation.

Hopefully he improves with normal scheduling again. Hard to know what’s what when we’re coming out cold against teams who have been playing every other day for weeks already.

Kreider has been in the league 7 years. He is what he is. He's played for 3 different NHL coaches and it somewhat amazes me that none of them have gotten him to stop overthinking, particularly because he has the speed and size to be a consistent contributor if he just simplified his game. The Rangers forecheck is non-existent at the moment. That should make Kreider angry, because he should be leading the charge in that department.

Reactions: leetch99

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
chris kreider showing again his very limited offensive upside.

hes big and fast and jumps out of pools but has little idea what to do to actually create offense or score.

the hands are more like hoofs or claws and even when hes in close, he seems cumbersome and clumsy.

last night he managed to snuff out a prime scoring chance in a high danger zone by delivering a fluffy muffin into blackwoods 6 hole.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Are we back on this again? Rank him where you will, but he is and has been a legit top line winger. That is judging by what he does on the ice and his production. What 60 better wings can you come up with or 30 better LWs?

hes been straight up bad to start the year. hes a guy we need to step up and instead hes been awful.

he looks lost. its early but lets be reality here.

dude has been a tire fire so far and sadly I'm not surprised.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Four games make a season.
It's not even that. It is the sheer ability to stick your head in the sand an dismiss all evidence that astounds me. In the last 5 years, Kreider is 97th in forwards for points scored. That includes a season in which he played less than 60 games due to injury. That includes well over 30 centers. How anyone can simply ignore the obvious and not acknowledge him as a top line player is simply personal bias and nothing more.

I guess that the great majority of the NHL has limited offensive upside.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
hes been straight up bad to start the year. hes a guy we need to step up and instead hes been awful.

"See I told you so!" Please, it's only 4 games. He seems snake bit so far but not lazy as, let's say, Buch.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

It is FOUR games into a season. THIS is what you are basing your view that he is not a top line wing? I just gave you the stats. You cannot come up with 60 better wings or 30 better LWs in the league. LOOK at his stats and what the league wide average is and explain to me how he is not a top line player.

FOUR FRIGGIN' GAMES! Can we please get just a bit of a reality grip?

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
It is FOUR games into a season. THIS is what you are basing your view that he is not a top line wing? I just gave you the stats. You cannot come up with 60 better wings or 30 better LWs in the league. LOOK at his stats and what the league wide average is and explain to me how he is not a top line player.

FOUR FRIGGIN' GAMES! Can we please get just a bit of a reality grip?

The answer is clearly, no. No, we can not. He sucks, he's overrated, he's lazy, he disappears, all he can do is jump out of a pool, he's not a lock for 25 goals a season, he's dumb. Who cares that the evidence you just presented says otherwise.

But for sure, they're gonna get a first round pick and an A prospect from some team for him.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He's NEVER been the guy to carry a line and he's NEVER been the guy to carry the puck and create offense. He has always been the type of guy who can capitalize on his line mates play making which isn't a bad thing or a knock. The position he is in currently doesn't suit him AT ALL.

Reactions: mrhockey193195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille