Injury Report: Chris Kelly - Broken left tibia

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
crap news, guys track record is good- was getting scoring chances (1 goal and 4 posts in last 4 games tells me he is, plus the shot on the PK), great PK, double great.

Spooner getting a call up is interesting- he's someday going to be quite the player, but he's certainly got enough ability right now to contribute.

I dont think he'll do the Krejci one goal in 27 games, or Marchand 1 assist in 20 games but always something to remember (atleast for me) when watching these kids come in

real excited to see him, hope Claude puts him in

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Well alot folks on here hate him anyways.Great penalty killer he was what just 2 goals less then that great 1st liner Lucic ?.just saying.. GET WELL SOON KELLY!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am not bruins fan. just asking. is he important player for bruins?
is there some suitable replacement?

a fan belt isnt the most sexy thing in a car but you need it- Kelly even struggling this year is a A quality PK; good leader, very popular and in last 3 weeks has looked to me pretty damn good offensively- 2 posts vs Habs, 1 vs Caps, goal vs Sens, and post the other night....that is getting chances and the true barometer how guys are playing

I know I'm in the minority on this guy but I think its a pretty bad loss- hope he comes back for the playoffs cause he can really help

would have been nice to have his calmness and great awareness and defense last 6 minutes of last night- couldnt have hurt

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I bet it will be next season before we see him.

As for Chris Kelly...That is bad news.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

whoa....start thinking positive

Soderberg will be here

Kelly will be back for round 2 vs the Habs

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
Broken leg and they're shutting him down? Oh boo hoo.

Suck it up and skate you pantywaist. Ice up after the game.
. . . clearly not of Bruins cloth.

Anyways, that sucks. Hope he rest up with soothing music in a darkened room, meditating about tiny pucks and HUGE nets.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Broken leg and they're shutting him down? Oh boo hoo.

Suck it up and skate you pantywaist. Ice up after the game.
. . . clearly not of Bruins cloth.

Anyways, that sucks. hope he rest up with soothing music in a darkened room: meditating about tiny pucks and HUGE nets.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're being sarcastic.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I think he could conceivably be back for the 2nd round.

Eight weeks is about May 8th. The earliest the playoffs will start this year is April 29th. If any 1st round series goes 7 games then the second round doesn't even start until 9 weeks from now.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I bet it will be next season before we see him.

As for Chris Kelly...That is bad news.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I believe Soderberg's contract expires after this season so that may not be an option for us. Not sure if we retain the year on his contract if he doesn't come this year.

774coach

Nov 14, 2005
no radio or internet for a few hrs. , but the last i heard was Kelly was feeling much much better today and damage was nothing serious ! 2 days to figure out a bone is broken .... ?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Huge loss for the Bruins.

So how does one break their tibia when they are wearing shin guards?.. oh wait I know.. /sarcasm.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
no radio or internet for a few hrs. , but the last i heard was Kelly was feeling much much better today and damage was nothing serious ! 2 days to figure out a bone is broken .... ?

No doubt. How does it go from their just waiting for the swelling to come down to oh look it's broken? Kelly must be a pretty tough guy

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
No doubt. How does it go from their just waiting for the swelling to come down to oh look it's broken? Kelly must be a pretty tough guy

Broke mine about 10 years ago, and I sure knew it was broken (hurt a lot). I'm pretty active, and was very disappointed after the cast was removed (after 6 weeks). It took way too long to feel confident turning, stopping, etc. Even after all this time it still feels "bruised". Maybe it matters where the break happens (mine was close to the ankle). However over the long term, way better than ligament damage.

redsox7327

Sep 10, 2011
wow in a week we lost 2/3 of our 3rd line.

Our third line has been dreadful, so it's certainly not the end of the world. We will miss more of what Kelly COULD have been from here on out as opposed to what he actually WAS during the first half of the season.

The third line certainly can't get much worse in terms of production. Kelly will be missed, but I'm fairly confident Chiarelli can put together a good third line by the trade deadline.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
KPD with a good reminder on these kinds of injuries:

@GlobeKPD
B's Kelly frax left tibia. Out indef. would guess min 3-4 weeks.

Keep in mind with B's Kelly: frax's sometimes are just cracks, heal quickly. Need to ascertain severity of frax.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Tough loss and an important player but this team still has no excuse to not win the division and have a top 2 seed. He will be back for the playoffs and hopefully not hindered after it heals.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Tough loss.. Hasn't been playing great but a bad Kelly is still noticeable defensively, we'll see the difference without him...

Soderberg potentially coming over better not make Chia wait. He's been far too conservative lately and this just isn't the time. We need to upgrade the 3rd line anyway. We have plenty of cap space and plenty are guys are available, what are we waiting for? He's all into that chemistry, more will develop if we acquire guys early. I'm hoping for Clowe or Morrow. Glad to see Spooner is getting a shot, though. Thought he way stay in Providence for some more experience, but he's worked his ass off and deserves some big league time. He'll be on the roster full-time next year anyway, let's see what he can do now.

Best case scenario, we have Kelly back for the playoffs and this is our lineup:

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Soderberg/Trade-Kelly-Peverley
Pie-Soup-Sugar
Caron (If Providence doesn't make/have an early exit to the playoffs, maybe replace him with Spooner if he plays well)

CJ17

Oct 15, 2005
MA
Awful news. Kelly is a key member of this team. I never thought I'd say this, but we need another center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad