Injury Report: Chris Kelly - Broken left tibia

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Kelly travels w/ the club to Pittsburgh and will be evaluated further.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
But good news for BOS, for now, is as bad as it looked when Kelly left, there's no initial/evident massive damage to knee. We'll see.
Expand
10 hrs Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Now, take that FWIW, because a) things sometime change in 24 hours b) he could still be on the shelf for undetermined period of time.
Expand
Accurate prognosis on Kelly knee injury not possible til swelling is down but initial reports lean towards no significant structural damage.
Expand

Last edited by a moderator:

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Kelly travels w/ the club to Pittsburgh and will be evaluated further.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
But good news for BOS, for now, is as bad as it looked when Kelly left, there's no initial/evident massive damage to knee. We'll see.
Expand
Now, take that FWIW, because a) things sometime change in 24 hours b) he could still be on the shelf for undetermined period of time.
Expand
Accurate prognosis on Kelly knee injury not possible til swelling is down but initial reports lean towards no significant structural damage.
Expand

Still, even non destructive knee injuries can linger, swelling should indicate at least deep bruising.

Week or so hopefully, otherwise who knows.

FTOREKBENCHTOSS

Mar 11, 2013
I hope he gets better quick, injuries are bad enough but the timing makes it so much worse. He was struggling all season and finally finding his groove and now to be out for some time.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
It sure did look worse than this. I hope it's not anything big and he can get back in the game as soon as he's healthy.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
No callups from @AHLBruins this morning after Kelly injury. Ryan Spooner and everyone else present and accounted for @ practice

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I heard Kelly is with the team. Anyone else hear this ?

I thought he would have returned to Boston.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
So I assume we see Paille shifted to the 3rd line (Caron will probably play right wing, which won't bother me because in games where he has played right wing I actually thought he did better) and MacDermid or Pandolfo will skate on the 4th line.

Of Julien may insert Pandolfo on 3rd and keep the 4th line together since the 4th line has been probably the most consistent line lately (well other than Bergeron's but I thought their line wasn't so good last night).

I sure hope they call somebody up though.

My guess is even in a best case scenario Kelly will be out a couple of weeks. Once swelling goes down some over the next few days they should be able to figure out if there are any tears (fingers crossed that there aren't any tears).

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I thought that was the last we were going to see kelly in 2013. Im so happy it doesnt look that serious that i dont mind if hes out a while. Although i agree he was coming around and it could hurt his progress.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Watched Hockey Central today and Doug Maclean and company had Peter Chiarelli on .He said the hit was right on Kellys knee and no major damage he said.But he did not say no damage.That was all he said about injury itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad