Injury Report: Chris Kelly - Broken left tibia

Justin St Pierre

Dec 16, 2011
If you've paid attention to any of the Julien era, you'd know MacDermid doesn't have a chance in hell of playing in this game.

Because he's the kind of guy who, as Jack Edwards might say, "you won't see do anything with a stick in his hands?" At least Pandolfo kills penalties, and since Kelly also does that, being able to put a PK guy in his place makes some sense.

I hope all is well with Kelly. Missed the game (although I think I'm listed as a referee in the box score).

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
Right, we all know how Julien hates rookies. Look at how he ruined poor Seguin.

Rookie seguin is quite different from rookie macdermid, or rookie anyone from the past few years for that matter. Not saying OP is wrong, but claude does favor vet's quite often when it comes to the 12th forward, then a younger guy or rookie. Pandolfo is brutal, he can barely keep up skating, fell 4 times last game.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Rookie seguin is quite different from rookie macdermid, or rookie anyone from the past few years for that matter. Not saying OP is wrong, but claude does favor vet's quite often when it comes to the 12th forward, then a younger guy or rookie. Pandolfo is brutal, he can barely keep up skating, fell 4 times last game.

Pandolfo is still a better choice than Macdermid imo and he would be my choice too.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Chris Kelly Broken Left Tibia

Boston, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli issued the following update today, March 13, on forward Chris Kelly: Chris Kelly will be out indefinitely after breaking his left tibia in the second period of Monday’s game against the Ottawa Senators.

Kelly has skated in 23 games this season and has registered two goals and four assists with 12 penalty minutes.

The Bruins return to action on Thursday, March 2 against the Florida Panthers at TD Garden.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=660023

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Bad news:

Boston, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli issued the following update today, March 13, on forward Chris Kelly: Chris Kelly will be out indefinitely after breaking his left tibia in the second period of Monday’s game against the Ottawa Senators.

Kelly has skated in 23 games this season and has registered two goals and four assists with 12 penalty minutes.

The Bruins return to action on Thursday, March 2 against the Florida Panthers at TD Garden.

Harbinger04

Jan 29, 2007
boston
i tried doing some research on the average recovery time for a broken tibia. Seems like an average person will take anywhere from 4-6 months to heal.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He struggled early, but IMO this is a big loss. He's a solid, heady player. If they're without him for the playoffs this could hurt a lot.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
The bad news is that Chiarelli will pull the "we expect Kelly to fully recover for the playoffs" excuse when he gets grilled for not moving.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
That sucks.

I know his situation is unique, but I wonder if Dom Moore is up for making his come back anytime soon.

Esquire

Feb 21, 2013
CT
This hurts the PK. 6-8 weeks minimum plus time to get back in shape. Maybe he's back for the playoffs, maybe not. Big blow. They need to make a move now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad