Chris "Higgity Higgity" Higgins Appreciation Thread

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
He's definitely playing better than he is right now, but even when he regresses if he can play even a fraction as well then he'll remain a valuable part of the team.

It seems like a lot of people didn't watch Higgins play when he was in Montreal. He isn't playing better than he is right now, he's playing like he can, which is something he didn't do in NY or Fla. Since his days in MTL I've wanted him on the Canucks. It looks like a lot of people have him pegged as a plugger but he's got great hands and when he decides to work like he has been, he can be a force.

Linden16th

Nov 1, 2011
Higgins has been well worth the price Gillis payed at the deadline. Same with Lapierre.

pullyoursocksup

Jun 30, 2009
higgins has been excellent so far this season. he looks like he has his old days habs form back plus a greater ability to defend and be physical.

acquiring he and lapierre are now looking like maybe the best movies Gillis has made during his tenure.

roflmonster4343

Oct 3, 2011
Good work ethic, plays physical, scores goals i've been really impressed by him this year he really stands out when he's on the ice... or at least so far

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Left side sadly, Edler and Hamhuis have that locked up. Right side though is completely open for a stud Dman. Who do we know that plays right side.

I can think of a few stud defensemen. :sarcasm:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
one of the hardest working canuck so far this season. i think its possible he can regain the scoring touch he had in mtl. 6 goals so far this season and counting. 25 goals or 30 isnt out of the question. he's versatile can go up and down the lineup.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Left side sadly, Edler and Hamhuis have that locked up. Right side though is completely open for a stud Dman. Who do we know that plays right side.

That being said, I dunno, don't you find a way to make room for this guy? Sign Suter, trade Edler for Weber, then dominate haha.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Higgins is a great utility player. He reminds me of John Salmons from the NBA. He's good at everything, but that's it. Jack of all trades really. 2nd unit PK, PP, 2nd/3rd line tweener, doesn't stand out in the media. He did have the best beard on our team during the playoffs last year though, imo.

Hugh Mann*

It seems like a lot of people didn't watch Higgins play when he was in Montreal. He isn't playing better than he is right now, he's playing like he can, which is something he didn't do in NY or Fla. Since his days in MTL I've wanted him on the Canucks. It looks like a lot of people have him pegged as a plugger but he's got great hands and when he decides to work like he has been, he can be a force.

He's on pace for 41 goals. Do you think Chris Higgins is a 41 goal scorer?

Hugh Mann*

I don't see how it's a difficult idea. Chris Higgins isn't that great a hockey player, but he's playing like one right now. Gsharpe disagreed, and I provided (very limited) evidence to support my position. Do you understand now?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I don't see how it's a difficult idea. Chris Higgins isn't that great a hockey player, but he's playing like one right now. Gsharpe disagreed, and I provided (very limited) evidence to support my position. Do you understand now?

Actually, Higgins was considered a good hockey player. He suffered a wrist injury back when he was a Hab and I swear he just wasn't the same. After so many teams gave up on him, two of those teams being his favorite (Montreal) and his hometown (New York.) He lost all confidence. We are seeing what he was before that injury and most predicted 30+ goals. Cannot say if he'd ever get to those numbers but I'm glad he finally seems to be getting back to his game.

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
Just to add a real post. Ive been extremely impressed with Higgins. I think he really anchors that third line right now. He does things that Torres could not do. Such as consistent effort and play a puck posession game.

I dont believe he'll be a 41 goal scorer (duh), but I do think that he could put up 20-25 goals, 40 points, from the third line. That should be something to get excited about.

Dashboard

Jan 9, 2008
Montréal,Québec
Higgins had 3 twenty goal seasons in a row in Montreal and then seemed to lose his way. Maybe he forgot that he had to work hard to get those goals. It looks like he's back on track for another 20 or maybe even 30 goal season. It's no coincidence that night in and night out he's probably the hardest working Canuck. HM to Lapierre on that front as well.

Everyone was projecting Higgins as a 30 goals / season forward but after his ankle injury, he never got the same for us :(

Glad he is performing well for you guys! I still have his name behind my Habs Jersey :D

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
He's on pace for 41 goals. Do you think Chris Higgins is a 41 goal scorer?

Did I say that? No.
Are you 12? Because that's the type of argument a 12 year old would make. (My apologies if you are actually 12, you never know on message boards.)

You keep asserting that Higgins isn't really a good hockey player and that he's essentially fooling everyone right now. I'm saying that Higgins actually is a good hockey player, and as others have mentioned, due to injury/partying/lack of confidence, he wasn't playing up to his potential for the last 2-3 years. It's obvious you haven't watched Higgins play hockey except for his brief time here.

If you had watched Higgins at all in his time in Montreal, you'd realize he wasn't just capitalizing on scoring chances from his linemates. He has skills and creates opportunities for himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad