Chris "Higgity Higgity" Higgins Appreciation Thread

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Chris Higgins Aprreciation Thread

Did a quick search and didn't see anything, but this thread seems warranted.

- Acquired for Evan Oberg and a 2013 3rd round pick. Oberg since moved to the Lightning...

- Re-signed for 2 years/3.8 million.

- 12 goals and 32 points in 55 games. To go along with a +7 while spending most of his time in a shut down role against quality opponents. Be close to a 20 goal/50 point pace over a full season.

- Plays 16 mintues a night as a regular on the PP and PK.

- 12 giveaways to 44 takeaways. 54 hits, 19 blocked shots.

Pretty valueable guy that was added for essentially nothing, or at least a minimal cost at this point. Can play a lot of roles for us and if Vigneault has his way, will be a big part of a shutdown line heading into the playoffs.

He's been very good for us.

Unsung hero?

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Higgins is fantastic. Was very happy the team took a flyer on him at the trade deadline and he hasn't disappointed. He just does so many little things right .

He's one of the best bargain UFA signings from last offseason.

KesGold17

Dec 23, 2011
Vancouver
Loved the signing right off the bat. There was hardly anything to lose signing him and he has turned out to be a valuable player at a great price for us. I hope he stays healthy and is a big part of our playoff run this year.

I would say unsung hero for sure. He's been an integral part of our team. Value players are just as important as your big players in the cap world imo

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
He's awesome. Can't say enough good things about the guy.

Would be nice if he could find the scoring touch that he had in MTL on a more consistent basis but that might be more reflective of the role he held in MTL compared to VAN.

Kagee*

I just hope that infection doesn't come back!, that killed him!,figuratively speaking.

Horse

Go Canucks!
Feb 14, 2005
Cariboo, BC
He's so awesome. I thought it was really noticeable to the teams performance when he was out of the lineup or under the weather.
I read some article that said the Canucks had about a minute to decide whether they wanted him or not at the deadline last year. Great decision to take him.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
I always loved Higgins. So happy we got this guy. He brings it all night every night and he plays his role great no matter where he is in the lineup. Oh and his playoff beard, very impressive. ;)

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
He's awesome. Can't say enough good things about the guy.

Would be nice if he could find the scoring touch that he had in MTL on a more consistent basis but that might be more reflective of the role he held in MTL compared to VAN.

I think he tends to disappoint when counted on to score but he does so many other things well that he's an ideal support player. I'm with everyone else, I really like him. Fits in perfectly on the second or third line, works his ass off, adds size and grit, is responsible defensively and seems to fit in with the boys like a glove. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that he can stay healthy.

Kagee*

Enough goal posts Higgy! I like how strong on his skates he plays in the playoffs.

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
He grew up as an Islanders fan. Can be a factor if we ever meet the Rangers.

Except he played for the Rangers, so I would assume any disdain he had for the team he would have had to overcome. Unless it only perpetuated his dismay, because he did struggle in NY.

Wetcoaster

As Higgins recently remarked:

“Nice to be on a team where it feels normal to win,†Higgins said in reflecting to being acquired at the deadline a year ago. “Playing with players who are all-world, makes you better as well. As far as egos and looking at your own statistics, you rarely see that at all on this team. That’s kind of a rarity in this league. You can get guys who really only care about themselves.â€​
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/0...an-expect-from-driven-canucks-stingy-coyotes/

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Can never have enough players like Higgins - a player with great work ethic (rarely if ever takes a shift off - forget night off). Burrows would be another example of such a player.

If his career didn't hit that bump in the road - easily "C" material IMHO (re: Habs).

yoss

May 25, 2011
Love Higgins, have been a fan of his since about 3 or 4 games after Nucks got him. I don't really care if he scores a ton, though it's nice to know he has the ability. Great attitude, great work ethic.

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
I thought he was our best forward during the first month and a half this year. Sure do love having a GM that's able to instill a winning mentality by finding the right players and getting them to resign at below market value.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
His work ethic alone is what makes you love Higgins. He's pretty good creating chances and such as well, and when he scores or setup plays, it's just gravy.

Can't say enough good about the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->