Confirmed with Link: Chris Bourque signed by KHL club AK Bars Kazan

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I would be amazed, given the timing and his family history, if this were NOT fully vetted and green lighted by B's management.

He's had his shot, he knows it and B's management knows it. We get some cap relief, he gets some money, win win.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
We'll there's a little more cap space. I hope him walking on his deal doesn't still count against our cap. No one should be upset by this as he's done the Bs a huge favour as he had a one way deal for next year

Would have been a non-issue in the minors in terms of Cap $ next year, but it does save the club some cash.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Good for Chris best of Luck very hard living in your Dad Shadow,and good news we might get cap relief and get an extra spot now. Hope it works out for both

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Good riddance indeed. Had plenty of opportunities to transform his game and squandered them all.

J Murda

Oct 1, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
The paycheck in Kazan is for sure much bigger than the one in Providence and that team is pretty stacked so I bet he will do pretty well over there.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
His window to play pro hockey is closing rapidly. I can see the desire to grab some cash before it's completely closed.

This isn't it.

He has a 1 way deal next year. He's getting 600k regardless of whether its in Providence or Boston. Can't be about money.

I doubt Kazan is paying him more than that he'll prob make 3 or 4 hundred next year I am guessing he'll take a paycut.

I think he literally just wants to play. And he has proved all he can in the AHL by leading it in scoring so he needs a bigger challenge.

Personally I think he made a mistake since between injuries and his 1 way deal he'd absolutely get some playing time next year. And dominating the KHL won't mean squat to NHL teams and won't get him another chance in a different organization.

I don't think he is anything special but I think the guys who followed him on the third line were all actually worse in that spot with the exception of Paille and Seguin's last 2 games. For a minimum cap hit I'd take him in Pandawful's spot especially since you could throw him on the first or second line for a game or two if you needed to and leave the other lines intact should one of our top liners go down.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good riddance indeed. Had plenty of opportunities to transform his game and squandered them all.

Not at all. This is totally false.

He never played another game for the Bruins after he was assigned to Prov 20 games in. Its not like after 10 games of Pandawful sucking he got another crack...

I am sorry, I am hardly a Bourque fan, especially since I played against him as a kid and wasn't impressed and never thought he could be a pro. But the guys who replaced him were worse and Peverley and Kelly got worse when he left their line.

AND..... OUR RECORD WAS PRETTY DAMNED GOOD THE 20 OR SO GAMES HE PLAYED FOR US!!!!!!!!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Is this really a big deal ? why are some of you P.Oed at him?.. hes not gonna make the team next year.. kid wants to play and make money... i wish him luck.

I don't get it either. Why anyone would be angry about this is beyond me. He tried, couldn't cut it, contributed to the P-Bruins for the rest of the season, and now he's moving on.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Not at all. This is totally false.

He never played another game for the Bruins after he was assigned to Prov 20 games in. Its not like after 10 games of Pandawful sucking he got another crack...

I am sorry, I am hardly a Bourque fan, especially since I played against him as a kid and wasn't impressed and never thought he could be a pro. But the guys who replaced him were worse and Peverley and Kelly got worse when he left their line.

AND..... OUR RECORD WAS PRETTY DAMNED GOOD THE 20 OR SO GAMES HE PLAYED FOR US!!!!!!!!

Wasn't talking about just his time with the Bruins.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
This isn't it.

He has a 1 way deal next year. He's getting 600k regardless of whether its in Providence or Boston. Can't be about money.

I doubt Kazan is paying him more than that he'll prob make 3 or 4 hundred next year I am guessing he'll take a paycut.

I think he literally just wants to play. And he has proved all he can in the AHL by leading it in scoring so he needs a bigger challenge.

Personally I think he made a mistake since between injuries and his 1 way deal he'd absolutely get some playing time next year. And dominating the KHL won't mean squat to NHL teams and won't get him another chance in a different organization.

I don't think he is anything special but I think the guys who followed him on the third line were all actually worse in that spot with the exception of Paille and Seguin's last 2 games. For a minimum cap hit I'd take him in Pandawful's spot especially since you could throw him on the first or second line for a game or two if you needed to and leave the other lines intact should one of our top liners go down.

Lol what :laugh:

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
Still never understood the hate he received on these boards. He wasn't great that's for sure but I feel like people here expected his AHL game to transition to the NHL and were left severely disappointed.

What always amazed me was that, to a lot of people, Bourque's mediocrity proved that he was an AHL caliber player at best. Yet in spite of Caron's equally as mediocre performance, people are still advocating him for a top 9 spot on the B's next season.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

His contract for 2013/2014 will pay him the same amount regardless of whether he plays for Boston or Providence. (That is what 1 way means.)

It is an amazing deal for an AHLer. NHL teams rarely/never give these deals out to fringe players.

Its sort of insane he left that on the table to go to Russia since I doubt Kazan pays him more than 250-300k.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad