Confirmed with Link: Chris Bourque signed by KHL club AK Bars Kazan

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Well, I guess he's not the one to replace Daug-man. Nice of him to wait until his teams playoff run was over...

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Why is anyone surprised? He quit on BU back in the day so its no surprise he quits on a team that's in the SC Final right now.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
We'll there's a little more cap space. I hope him walking on his deal doesn't still count against our cap. No one should be upset by this as he's done the Bs a huge favour as he had a one way deal for next year

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I assume this means Chris will be suspended by the Bruins. I would almost hazard a guess that there was a gentleman's agreement here - the front office and his agent probably got together, and it was determined that Chris can go develop some more in the KHL and return to Boston at a later time.

No immediate loss for the Bruins, and they get to keep his rights. Meanwhile, Chris gets to go play in a more competitive league than the AHL to continue his development. Win-win, IMO.

Edit: From what I've learned through the Thomas and Yeti sagas, it appears to me as though because this is not a 35+ contract, the AAV will not count against the Bruins' cap space as long as he is suspended.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
His window to play pro hockey is closing rapidly. I can see the desire to grab some cash before it's completely closed.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Still never understood the hate he received on these boards. He wasn't great that's for sure but I feel like people here expected his AHL game to transition to the NHL and were left severely disappointed.

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
Is this really a big deal ? why are some of you P.Oed at him?.. hes not gonna make the team next year.. kid wants to play and make money... i wish him luck.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Still never understood the hate he received on these boards. He wasn't great that's for sure but I feel like people here expected his AHL game to transition to the NHL and were left severely disappointed.

I thought the hate was directed at those of us who didn't think he was going to be able to stick in the NHL.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Is this really a big deal ? why are some of you P.Oed at him?.. hes not gonna make the team next year.. kid wants to play and make money... i wish him luck.

Few things here...

1. I don't care what he does...

2. Anytime I have read an encounter with Chris Bourque posted here it never puts him in a favorable position. Many have called him entitled, stuck up, pompous...

3. The timing is stupid. Especially when rightly or wrongly the fan base thinks you are already under contract with their team for next year.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Complete plug. He won't make it in Russia either. Good riddens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad