Confirmed with Link: Chris Bourque signed by KHL club AK Bars Kazan

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
He was never a good Bruin but the visceral always seemed so over the top. Same thing appears to be happening with Dauagavins. Fringe NHLers are gonna fringe NHL. In a salary cap world you're gonna end up with a few playing, Bruins are quite lucky with the depth they've had.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Haven't seen an answer?

Isn't he a Black Ace? That is **** if he is and couldn't wait 2 weeks to announce this ?????

If the Bruins win the cup did he play enough games to get his name on it?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Haven't seen an answer?

Isn't he a Black Ace? That is **** if he is and couldn't wait 2 weeks to announce this ?????

If the Bruins win the cup did he play enough games to get his name on it?

He has not been with the Black Aces, no. The only P-Bruins with the club right now are Svedberg and Caron (and Bartkowski if you want to include him).

With the shortened season it has not been officially announced exactly how many regular-season games a player would need to get on the Cup.

StrBender

Mar 7, 2005
North Shore, MA
I've heard similar stuff regarding the academic side of things at BU. I read he never wanted to go to college, but his dad wanted him to go so he went and gave it a shot.

This a perfect example of how big of a jump it is between the AHL and NHL.

I bet Chris's game would have benefited from a longer tenure in the NCAA ranks or even major Jr. He was essentially a HS player going pro. Guys that make that jump are the elite of the elite and almost all of them need some seasoning.

Here's some food for thought

1. MOD EDIT - nope

2. He wanted to play with his close friend Brian McGuirk at BU, so he chose college over Juniors

3. Once he committed to BU he was put on the accelerator track at Cushing Academy and graduated a year early! Really :amazed:

4. Once at BU he didn't attend classes often, or at all. Depends on who you ask. He received incomplete's for grades which I believe allowed him to continue to finish the season. He flunked out and pissed on Jack Parker in the process.

5. During an interview at the WJC his brother Ryan was asked how playing for the national U 18 Team had changed him. He answered by saying he had learned to be a better person. He said for a long time he wasn't a good person. He took advantage of being RB's kid, and now he was a changed person. I don't think his older brother gets it yet. Those who know them ;) have bets going as to whether they end up working at RB's restaurant, or their Mom's Day Spa. We think the answer will be known pretty soon:handclap:

I see it as Karma doing it's thing. When the hockey ends, they will still live a comfortable life, full of memories to share that we can only dream of. I remember when Ryan was 10 and he was doing these nasty stick handling moves in the locker room. I told him I was impressed and he said Sergei Samsonov was over the house teaching him how to do it. Or how their coaches growing up were Steve Kasper and their dad! To them, going in the Bruins locker room, or having 1 on 1 lessons from the players was no different then any other kid going to work with their dad and hanging out with the co-workers. It was just on a different level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Wait, so you're saying he won't be dressing in the Cup Finals???

What a waste of time he was.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
My own skepticism of Chris Bourque has zip to do with his dad (although if he was Chris Smith, I probably would have never paid attention to him anyway), but things I have heard throughout his minor league career long before he landed here as a guy who can't deal with things not going 100% his way. By the way, he ran to the KHL prior to this....1 goal in 8 games and then fled for the Swiss league.

From all accounts, his brother Ryan, while not as talented a scorer in the AHL and having less NHL potential, is a great kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad