Confirmed with Link: Chris Bourque signed by KHL club AK Bars Kazan

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Didn't hate CB, just didn't think he was the answer and his game is limited. if he can't score, he's useless.

Exactly how I feel. Nothing personal, but if ya suck then ya suck. Compete level is irrelevant if you don't have ability or intangibles.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What always amazed me was that, to a lot of people, Bourque's mediocrity proved that he was an AHL caliber player at best. Yet in spite of Caron's equally as mediocre performance, people are still advocating him for a top 9 spot on the B's next season.

Don't even get me started on Jordan "I should be given the 3rd line spot, even though I've done nothing with the countless previous chances I've been handed" Caron. Guy is beyond useless. But hey, he had a strong 3 games toward the end of last year though...:laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Don't even get me started on Jordan "I should be given the 3rd line spot, even though I've done nothing with the countless previous chances I've been handed" Caron. Guy is beyond useless. But hey, he had a strong 3 games toward the end of last year though...:laugh:

I suspect JC has played his last game in a Bruins uni, fully expect a move before the draft, won`t receive much of a return, maybe a late rounder draft pick

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I suspect JC has played his last game in a Bruins uni, fully expect a move before the draft, won`t receive much of a return, maybe a late rounder draft pick

Yeah, I'm thinking it's time to cut bait as well. Plenty of other actual prospects down in the AHL that I'd rather they give a chance to over Caron at this point...

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
My college roommates wife was one of his closest friends in HS. I know from her and can explain pretty easily why his BU career was so short lived.

She told me he is an extremely dumb kid academically. (To the extreme like in classes he would be the only one of 20 kids in a class to not understand something and would always need extra help.) He wasn't really suited to attending a high pressure academic institution like BU and he probably would have been deemed ineligible at some point if he hung around.

Thats all there is to his BU career being short and him leaving/quitting etc etc. He couldn't handle the academics. Its not laziness or entitlement I think he was just very dumb in the classroom.

I've heard similar stuff regarding the academic side of things at BU. I read he never wanted to go to college, but his dad wanted him to go so he went and gave it a shot.

This a perfect example of how big of a jump it is between the AHL and NHL.

I bet Chris's game would have benefited from a longer tenure in the NCAA ranks or even major Jr. He was essentially a HS player going pro. Guys that make that jump are the elite of the elite and almost all of them need some seasoning.

Turk 16

May 3, 2011
South Shore, MA
He should have changed his last name and maybe folks wouldn't hate him so much. Jeez. Now I understand why Orr didn't want his kids playing.:shakehead

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
If the kid had a four leaf clover in his stick people would fight to sign him.

He's got the hustle, the drive, fairly well in the smarts, missing size and a little luck.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
I bet he will have some success.

Great talent, lots of effort, but doesn't have the physicality or IQ to make it in the NHL.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
He should have changed his last name and maybe folks wouldn't hate him so much. Jeez. Now I understand why Orr didn't want his kids playing.:shakehead

Gretzky didn't either, unsurprisingly.

It's bizarre to hate a guy because he isn't his father, but it's certainly not unusual.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Whatever. I don't dislike the kid, but he clearly wasn't an NHL player. Great AHL guy though. Providence took a hit here.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
he is a *******. i wished him the best in a bruins uniform but this does not surprise me. believe me the apple falls very far from the tree, chris is and never will be half the man
his father is. remember wanting to toss his ass out of the restaurant i was working in after he quit on BU and was skating for Portland Pirates for 2 weeks. he was up here having
dinner with dad and rays agent and a bunch of td bank execs. the kid was drinking bud lights in a function room, so wanted to pull the shirt over his head and tko his ass but the
man wouldnt let me. have fun in the motherland you putz........... he is a nobody.

Thanks for clearing that up.

bruinsden

PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
Jul 2, 2006
Rhode Island
he is a *******. i wished him the best in a bruins uniform but this does not surprise me. believe me the apple falls very far from the tree, chris is and never will be half the man
his father is. remember wanting to toss his ass out of the restaurant i was working in after he quit on BU and was skating for Portland Pirates for 2 weeks. he was up here having
dinner with dad and rays agent and a bunch of td bank execs. the kid was drinking bud lights in a function room, so wanted to pull the shirt over his head and tko his ass but the
man wouldnt let me. have fun in the motherland you putz........... he is a nobody.

Why did you want to beat him up? I know BudLight is a crappy beer, but still, no reason to fight someone over it.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Why did you want to beat him up? I know BudLight is a crappy beer, but still, no reason to fight someone over it.

Someone should inform that gentlemen that decaf is available in both hot and iced versions now. ;)

bruinsden

PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
Jul 2, 2006
Rhode Island
That's too bad stungun, would of loved to see a YouTube titled "Chris Bourque dominates fake tough guy at TGI Fridays"

TGI Fridays? I figured with all the pretending to be a tough guy on the internet thing he wouldn't have time to exercise which would leave him with manboobs big enough to be the first male waiter at Hooters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad