CHL Playoff Thread

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
Didn't the 3rd period just end?

Can't believe Sportsnet isn't showing this game right now. :rant:

My bad, didn't mean to put that. Overtime is about to start...

Bobby Ryan, Kevin Weekes, and Theo Peckham are just some of the few big names at the game.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Yeah, since Majors are hosting it. But both wanna win the trophy, game 7 OT, epic!

I personally hate that home team rule in the CHL for the memorial cup. They should either make it a 3 team tournament or have the highest ranking team based on winning percentage that doesn't win a championship be the 4th team(or find some other way to pick the 4th team that everybody has an equal shot at the beginning of the season)

Another option would be give the defending champs the 4th spot(although that poses the problem if a large chunk of there roster left junior)

arsmaster*

I personally hate that home team rule in the CHL for the memorial cup. They should either make it a 3 team tournament or have the highest ranking team based on winning percentage that doesn't win a championship be the 4th team(or find some other way to pick the 4th team that everybody has an equal shot at the beginning of the season)

Another option would be give the defending champs the 4th spot(although that poses the problem if a large chunk of there roster left junior)

They have to come up with a venue somehow....

I like the way it is done now, much more than any of the options you laid out in your post.

It's not as if the Major's didnt try to win the OHL because they were already in the Memorial Cup....winning the league title is just as important IMO.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Huberdeau scores!!!!!!!!!!

great shift at the end of the game to keep it alive, just controling the play all along

1G 1A for him tonight, great game

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
i'm gonna be really pissed if saint john doesn't make the memorial cup... both stacked teams I wanted to see got eliminated(portland and the blades) and I want to see if zach phillips is the real deal.

GM17*

i'm gonna be really pissed if saint john doesn't make the memorial cup... both stacked teams I wanted to see got eliminated(portland and the blades) and I want to see if zach phillips is the real deal.

considering how disfuctional saint john has played without him I'd say he is or at least can be

arsmaster*

I think Phillips could have some Patrick Sharp-like qualities.

Charlie Milles*

Congrats OS, wow!

So,

Owen Sound
Mississauga
Kootenay
Hull/Saint John

Should be a great 'tourny'; can't wait! **** starts Friday with QMJHL vs. the Majors.

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
Congrats OS, wow!

So,

Owen Sound
Mississauga
Kootenay
Hull/Saint John

Should be a great 'tourny'; can't wait! **** starts Friday with QMJHL vs. the Majors.

I'm excited too! Looks like we're going to be treated to a great set of teams and an entertaining tournament. I found last year's kind of boring, after an exciting year in Rimouski. Hopefully the fans show up in Mississauga and the crowd gets into it, but that might be hoping for too much.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Congrats OS, wow!

So,

Owen Sound
Mississauga
Kootenay
Hull/Saint John

Yeah it will be great, the thing is though Hull can't make it unfortunately, but Gatineau can.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I see Galiev posted 10G, 17A, but can anyone tell me how he looked?

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Game 6 highlights Here

Amazing game, this is why i enjoy jr hockey more than nhl hockey. Maxime Clermont was again fantastic with 50+ save on the night. Huberdeau is clutch. great great game overall by both team

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009

He had his moments. He is dynamite in the offensive zone, but could use some help in the defensive zone. He will fit on the Caps perfect :D

Can we hope to see Philips and Anthony next week ?

Phillips should be a go, but Im not counting on seeing Anthony there.

Also one of our rookie 4th liners, Jason Cameron, will be out as well. Got hit with the puck in the kidney Wednesday, and is still in a Gatineau hospital.

Wishing them all the best!

Pitlick*

Great for Owen Sound! I can't imagine what this means to that very small town. Only been there a couple of times, nice area: beaches, Blue Mountain, Bruce Peninsula, and now winning hockey!

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

He's a very solid player but hogs the puck quite alot. He holds it way too long and want's to go one against the world at times when a simple cycle is in order, causing turnovers.

He has awesome skills and you can see he's a real offensive dyanmo but he'd be even better and have better stats if he'd utilise his teamates a little more. I know it might seem weird to say given that he racked up some solid stats but that's how I see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00