CHL Playoff Thread

Trot

Dec 4, 2002
Seattle, Wa
Visit site
I may be a little biased....but I can't believe he got a penalty let alone a suspension. It looked like incidental contact to me

I can live with penalty but the 2 game suspension was overboard. Ross was running around like an idiot after taking the initial penalty and though I think the contact was pretty much incidental it was still knee-to-knee and left Fraser injured so I can see the additional penalty.

Portland has a big physical team and if they don't play that physical style they are not nearly as effective. They walk the fine line between hard hitting and dirty and have crossed it a few times this season. With all eyes on the WHL finals their play is under a microscope and I don't think they are going to get the benefit of many calls.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Dont think the crowds in Cranbrook are as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Ya we had 3500 out of a possible 4164. Which is like 85% full. The seats look more empty because no one likes to sit in the first 4 rows where their view isnt the greatest. Lots of fans stand up on the rail at the top which no one ever takes into account. The city of Cranbrook has only 18 00 people. Portland has Half a Million. It would be nice to pack the Plex but it didnt happen. Go ICE Go, bring it home tonight!!!!!!!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Can someone please explain to me the CHL final??? I read an article about Smith-Pelly that said no matter who wins the OHL final...the CHL final will be Miss vs Owen Sound. Help out a junior hockey noob.

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
I think he meant that no matter who wins the OHL final, both teams will be in the Memorial Cup because Mississauga is the host.

arsmaster*

Can someone please explain to me the CHL final??? I read an article about Smith-Pelly that said no matter who wins the OHL final...the CHL final will be Miss vs Owen Sound. Help out a junior hockey noob.

The CHL consists of 3 separate leagues. The QMJHL, WHL, and OHL.

Each year there are playoff for each league....the winners of those leagues enter a tournament called the Memorial Cup, which consists of the 3 league winners and the host team.

Since Missisauga is the host team they have an automatic berth, and since they have an automatic birth the other team in the OHL finals (Owen Sound) also gets that birth.

This happened in 2007, where Vancouver Giants hosted the Memorial Cup, but lost in the WHL finals to Medicine Hat, but won the Memorial Cup.

HOpe that helps!

Trot

Dec 4, 2002
Seattle, Wa
Visit site
Kootenay wins the WHL 4-1 over Portland. Even though the Ice won the last 4 it was a close series with 3 of the 5 games going to OT. Good luck to the Ice in the Memorial Cup.

Fast Tony DeNiro

May 1, 2011
Kootenay is just on a mission right now the way they're playing they have as good a shot as anyone at winning the whole thing.

Really disappointed the Hawks couldn't pull it off. This was their chance to make a Cup run because I get the feeling Nino and Johansen will be gone next season. We'll really get to see if Bartschi and Rattie can carry a team next year, and I think they'll do fine.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's going to be very fun watching Kootenay's defensive system against some potential offensive powerhouses in the Memorial Cup.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Where the hell is there a stream of game 7 of the ohl finals for free or for pay? Seems ridiculous that Rogers who sponsors the damn playoffs isn't even broadcasting the game on tv?

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
Owen Sound on the board first. And no wonder it's sold out, the majority are Attack fans.

And Missy responds. 1-1. Intense start.

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
Game is tied 2-2 now. Owen Sound scores and St. Mike's responds again. Sounds like it is wide open out there, with a lot of chances from both sides. Wonder if it will be a high scoring game seven or if the coaches will tighten things up.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
End to end action for much of the first. Majors look awful in their own end.

Good first period for the Attacks, they carried a lot of the play, but think the Majors will come back strongly in the second. As for a stream I don't know as I get all OHL games as part of my sports pack on Delta cable package

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
We got double overtime in game 7 of the OHL finals! No one has scored since the first period. This is going to be a really exciting overtime and whoever wins will have plenty of fans cheering them on.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We got double overtime in game 7 of the OHL finals! No one has scored since the first period. This is going to be a really exciting overtime and whoever wins will have plenty of fans cheering them on.

Didn't the 3rd period just end?

Can't believe Sportsnet isn't showing this game right now. :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad