CHL Playoff Thread

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I noticed Galiev is a big fan of lugging the puck into the zone and taking a slapshot from the top of the circles/inside the blue line, one that usually gets tipped out of play or stopped rather easily. Like DATW said, he needs to look for his teammates more in those situations.

He was definitely head and shoulders above most everyone else there, which was to be expected, but I still don't know what to think of him in NHL terms. I guess for a third round pick there's not much to complain about though (compared to say if he were a first rounder as originally expected).

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Really dissappointed with the loss as a Majors fan, they got outplayed for most of the game tbh except for late in the 3rd. And it hurts more to see half of your 5000+ arena be filled by fans of the other team rather than your own fans but that's how it is. There's a tonne of sports teams in the GTA so it'll never be as big but hopefully in 20-30 years the Majors have a lot more support than this if the OHL is going but their lazy marketing folks need to step up their effort. This is a business and you have to spend money to make money (to get people or kids to the game). Even more disappointed because with the trades Dave Cameron made, the team is gonna be in bad shape for the near-future. He's probably gonna be coaching in the NHL next year at least so he probably doesn't care but I really felt that the team was dominant enough to win this series and have a perfect season but it didn't happen and I'm pretty sure that Kootenay have a better chance at the Mem Cup than Mississauga as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad