R S

Sep 18, 2006

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
My predictions Memorial Cup.

WHL: Portland

OHL: Mississauga (Host/Winner) / Kitchener (Runner-up)

LHJMQ: St. John

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Go Blades! The Q is ridiculous too, I heard earlier that the 1st seed plays the 16th seed. That's ridiculous if true.

It says that the WHL games that can't be on Shaw will be streamed online. I hope they're not just referring to the pay thing.

Last edited:

Canuck71*

Mississauga is gunna be a very hard team to beat.

OHL: Mississauga (Host), Kitchener (OHL Finalist)
QMJHL: Saint John
WHL: Portland or Saskatoon

princegeorgehockey

Dec 15, 2010
british columbia
its true my friend, the Q is a joke who knows what they are thinking NCAA format ? why wouldn't they have the same format as both the dub and ohl.
Go Cougars!!!
portland to come out of the dub, johansen to win mvp already plays like the pros

Madic

May 21, 2008
Anybody know what games (playoffs, not Mem Cup) Sportsnet is broadcasting? Cheers.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Niagara could pull off the win, but Mississauga is the favorite. They have a very good team.

Saint John should win the Q with ease.

WHL Red Deer.

TheNextOneX

Apr 29, 2009
Lausanne
This team will win the Memorial cup.

images

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Go Blades! The Q is ridiculous too, I heard earlier that the 1st seed plays the 16th seed. That's ridiculous if true.

It says that the WHL games that can't be on Shaw will be streamed online. I hope they're not just referring to the pay thing.

The Q switched to that format this year, because mid-level teams were getting screwed. For example, Cape Breton finished 5th or 6th in the league last year and faced Moncton (eventual champs) in the 1st round. Saint John (division champs played PEI). Gatineau who had less points than any of those 4 played Montreal who won their division (with less points than any of the 4). Bathurst who finished 5th, crossed over and played Quebec, which had sold and was at best as good as PEI and possibly weaker.

Now, the division winners get the top 3 seeds, and everyone else falls in. Finish higher and you get a better matchup. Saint John - Cape Breton is gonna be an ugly matchup, but so was Drummondville - Lewiston previously.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The best team in the WHL is the Saskatoon Blades
Portland is going to be in tough to get by Spokane
I think it will be Owen Sound vs Missasauga in the OHL finals
Saint John's vs Acadie Bathurst in the Q

Saskatoon > Saint John's Memorial cup

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Through the three leagues, there are 10 Sharks prospects (5 OHL, 4 WHL, and 1 QMJHL), seven of which are some of the top players on their teams, and not a single one is playing another Sharks prospect in the first round. You know who I'm rooting for.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Through the three leagues, there are 10 Sharks prospects (5 OHL, 4 WHL, and 1 QMJHL), seven of which are some of the top players on their teams, and not a single one is playing another Sharks prospect in the first round. You know who I'm rooting for.

The 67's?

arsmaster*

I like that format, it acually gives the teams who dominate the regular season an advantage...plus the matchups in later rounds should be much better.

The best team in the WHL is the Saskatoon Blades
Portland is going to be in tough to get by Spokane
I think it will be Owen Sound vs Missasauga in the OHL finals
Saint John's vs Acadie Bathurst in the Q

Saskatoon > Saint John's Memorial cup

Portland will be in tough against Spokane, but they should win that series.

I really hope the WHL finals are Portland-Saskatoon if my Giants dont go on a cinderella run.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
my prediction for the Q first round
Saint-john in 4 vs Cape-Breton
Montreal in 5 vs Halifax
Quebec in 4 vs Val d'Or
Drumondville in 5 vs Chicoutimi
Gatineau in 6 vs Rimouski
Bathurst in 5 vs Victoriaville
Shawinigan in 7 vs PEI
Lewiston in 6 vs Moncton

2nd round

Saint-john in 5 vs Lewiston
Montreal in 5 vs Shawinigan
Quebec in 7 vs Bathurst
Drumondville in 7 vs Gatineau

3rd round

Saint-John in 6 vs Drumondville
Montreal in 7 vs Quebec

Q Final

Saint-John in 6 vs Montreal

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The 67's?

:laugh: Nope, Doug Wilson stopped drafting 67's.

Saskatoon (Marek Viedensky), Kingston (Taylor Doherty), Niagra (Freddie Hamilton), Sudbury (The Pirate, Michael Sgarbossa), Prince George (Sena Acolatse), Portland (William Wrenn), Mississauga (JP Anderson), Erie (Phil Varone), Moose Jaw (Thomas Heemskerk), and Halifax (Konrad Abeltshauser). Lots of top seeds. :)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Going for Saskatoon and Owen Sound.

Stefan Elliott and Joey Hishon :yo:

KingJet*

WHL: Portland and Saskatoon - Portland
OHL: Saginaw and Ottawa - Ottawa + Host team Missasauga
QMJHL: St. John and Lewiston - St. John

My call is in the Final its St. John and Portland and Portland wins it all. My call

Ogopogo*

WHL playoff action is excellent.

I am going to Red Deer for game 2 of the Edmonton Oil Kings/Red Deer Rebels series then catching game 3 and 4 in Edmonton.

It's been a while since we have had playoff action in any sport in E-Town. Should be great.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Kootenay coming out of the Dub. Very experienced, underrated defense, and solid goaltending. Dub first round winners are as follows.
Saskatoon over PA in 4
Red Deer over Edmonton in 5
Brandon over Med hat in 6
Kootenay over Moose Jaw in 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad