Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Zetterlund looks slow today and is fumbling the puck
Not a good showing by him

Were you being serious? The next two posts and some of what I read on the main board thread of the tournament appear to contradict you. Someone has to be the contrarian to keep people on their toes but you didn’t pick your spot on this one today.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Objectively he does look a bit slow of foot in those clips. Not that it looks like it's "not a good showing", but he does look a bit slow.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
We should be able to make note of what looks like a bad trade. I understand some are went overboard a long time ago, but us normal posters shouldn't refrain from an occasional negative post because of it.

Oh absolutely. It was a joke.

Not sure what this means.

But, to better clarify, my disappointment stems more from the trade as a whole, including the 2nd rounder and in consideration of our trading partner. And that's not 20/20 hindsight speaking. I didn't like the idea of deadline rentals when the team was just barely vying for a wildcard spot. It didn't make sense at the time, and I still consider it one of Shero's few mistakes. The Devils have been struggling to produce home-grown defensemen, so losing one with decent potential (admittedly, debatable potential) is bothersome.

It was a joke. I will disagree though that it didn't make sense at the time. Had Grabner actually gave a damn and played how he played for the last two years I don't think anyone would be THAT upset about it. He however mailed it in during his time here. A case was made about us needing someone like Grabner with Gibbons and Johansson hurt. The trade made a justifiable amount of sense at the time. I'd be surprised if the Devils knowingly traded Rykov with him having intentions on coming over to play for us. There had to have been grumblings of some sort.

Reactions: My3Sons

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
yep, and about 2 weeks later, conte was fired (July 9, 2015 apparently).
PZ was Conte so I'd imagine that his staff picked Seney too

Just a hunch here, but I have a feeling Seney was a Ray pick.

He epitomizes what Shero was looking to mold the organization into, Shero is a big college hockey (and Hockey East) guy, and Shero had the full year off Seney's rookie year so he likely saw a lot of him. Plus if Fitzgerald-Dennehy are close, I wouldn't be surprised if Shero knows Dennehy well too.

Seney doesn't seem like a Conte pick.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Canada/Finland starts in a few minutes on NHLN. Looks like Ty Smith is not dressed for this game which probably means he'll be in tomorrow against Sweden. Talvitie/Pakkila in for Finland.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Man, no Smith is a bummer. Kind of a waste of me staying up. Not going to be able to watch the game tomorrow...

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

He epitomizes what Shero was looking to mold the organization into, Shero is a big college hockey (and Hockey East) guy, and Shero had the full year off Seney's rookie year so he likely saw a lot of him. Plus if Fitzgerald-Dennehy are close, I wouldn't be surprised if Shero knows Dennehy well too.

Might be onto something there. He's a far cry from the type of guys Conte was usually taking in later rounds.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

yea, because he's good

xgz9nkR.gif

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Were you being serious? The next two posts and some of what I read on the main board thread of the tournament appear to contradict you. Someone has to be the contrarian to keep people on their toes but you didn’t pick your spot on this one today.

I watched the 1st period, he wasn't good from what I saw.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Seney? He's not anything close to Dudek or Gavrus at all. I'll give you Kerfoot but Seney was productive every year without much help.

All 4 were ostensibly skilled players taken late in the draft by a Conte-led scouting team. That's the point. The idea that one guy only likes bad players and the other guy only likes good players isn't borne out by a whole lot.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
All 4 were ostensibly skilled players taken late in the draft by a Conte-led scouting team. That's the point. The idea that one guy only likes bad players and the other guy only likes good players isn't borne out by a whole lot.

Quality use of that word, I like it.

Reactions: My3Sons

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
I've been trying to figure out whether there has been a player in say the past 10 or 15 years that played his entire draft year in the Finnish junior league that turned into a real quality NHL player. Obviously, I'm getting at what to make of Aarne Talvitie. I also realize that he almost certainly would have played in the Finnish pro league in his draft +1 year had his NCAA eligibility not been an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad