Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Loving the praise there for Talvitie. Pretty sure he's another musclehead like Wood and Zetterlund. Could make a Zacha/McLeod shift to the wing all the more possible assuming he can become a solid 3C.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Loving the praise there for Talvitie. Pretty sure he's another musclehead like Wood and Zetterlund. Could make a Zacha/McLeod shift to the wing all the more possible assuming he can become a solid 3C.

Hopefully he shows this kind of ability at PENN St. That would be a good indicator of his ability to step up a level. He certainly seems like he is showing more than your garden variety low round pick.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't think its that bad. Hopefully he plays on the top line there again

I posted it before but his draft +1 scoring rate is on par with a lot of young guys who have recently broke out in the NHL

I believe his contract runs out after this year over there so he should be over here next year

Last edited:

My3Sons

Sponsor

For Talvite that makes sense. He needs to adjust to a new team new teammates a new country and oh yeah, college classes. Let him get acclimated at school and he can worry about hockey again in October after this week. I am curious if the typical D1 NCAA hockey fall conditioning program is a step up from what he is used to.

Reactions: Darkauron

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Yeah, also he'd probably be drained from all the travel this summer. Pretty sure I read he flew from Finland to NJ for Dev Camp, then back to Finland for a day before flying out to Kamloops. Add in a trip to State College to get things ready for the school year, a trip up to Buffalo, and then TC in NJ with professionals, the kid would be drained going back to school.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

And on Boqvist. His draft +1 numbers compare very favorably to some Swedish top six forwards that are in the NHL.

He’s going to be interesting to keep an eye on next year. A .8-1 ppg season should solidify him as a top nine option at the NHL level and more likely a top six option.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
the first thing i saw from talvitie in last years development camp was that shot.

he seems like he may turn into a perfect bottom 6 player.

My3Sons

Sponsor

And on Boqvist. His draft +1 numbers compare very favorably to some Swedish top six forwards that are in the NHL.

He’s going to be interesting to keep an eye on next year. A .8-1 ppg season should solidify him as a top nine option at the NHL level and more likely a top six option.

Boquist needs to develop a bit physically. He is still a bit too perimeter right now as I appreciate it.

Reactions: Darkauron

Petr Cejka

Feb 1, 2018
the first thing i saw from talvitie in last years development camp was that shot.

he seems like he may turn into a perfect bottom 6 player.

I think we have hidden gem in him. I also think he can be much more than bottom 6 player. I believe he has top 6 potential. Some of late picks such as Bratt, Talvitie, Chainey were great..Its a shame we missed players such as Primeau, Jones, Drozg..

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Morreale might not know this himself but Talvitie can't attend training camp and I'm pretty sure he can't attend the Prospects tournament either - these are things he can't participate in and still maintain his NCAA eligibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad