Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
If pop doesn’t play an nhl game it was still a good pick, I don’t want to Hear it. Projected top 5 guy at the beginning of the year. Fell due to lack of effort and Russian factor. You takes risks like that when you can, they just rarely work (kabanov is another example)

Reactions: Billdo

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Popugaev played much more in both the KHL and VHL last year then he did in the MHL, so I'm holding out hope that this is just start of the season stuff in the MHL this year.

Also Maltsev played some MHL games in his +2 year, and we are still liking his progress.

So not really sweating the Pop in the MHL angle at this point.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If pop doesn’t play an nhl game it was still a good pick, I don’t want to Hear it. Projected top 5 guy at the beginning of the year. Fell due to lack of effort and Russian factor. You takes risks like that when you can, they just rarely work (kabanov is another example)
Only caveat to this would be, if we are drafting a significant amount of Russians, and we lose them because of the Russian factor(we didn't fare well with Rykov, and thus far not with Pop's either) then maybe we went too heavy in that area.

But that does need to play out further.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Will the prospects game be streamed on the Devils site tonight?
You would have to assume the Sabres will have it on their website. They want dahlin exposed to their fan base as much as possible. The non die hard fans probably don’t understand how good he is bc he isn’t from North America

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You would have to assume the Sabres will have it on their website. They want dahlin exposed to their fan base as much as possible. The non die hard fans probably don’t understand how good he is bc he isn’t from North America

Buff will be much better this season

I'd like to watch the game tonight to see our prospects

Reactions: OmNomNom

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Those first and third lines have me buzzing, pretty much all 6 of the forward prospects I want to watch closely tonight. Plus Gignac and Bastian.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Why won't the nhl network broadcast the games?

idk, I wish they would. probably because it's a smaller tournament and the viewership wouldn't be worth it. The individual teams themsevles should have the onus to stream the games for their fanbases.

AFAIK, the only games streamed from this tournament are the games involving the Sabres and only to their fans in the Buffalo market.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Amanda tweeted the Devils will have a stream tonight. She will post the link when it’s up.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
First game for Boqvist resulted in a 3-1 loss with 0 point but as I can see he played 1 St line LW.

Brynäs plays again Thursday against frølunda.

He had 2 shots and played almost 20 min came out with +/- 0

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Apparently Popugaev was traded to Amur Khabarovsk. If there's one thing that'll get him back to the NHL, it's playing Khabarovsk's schedule. (I have no idea whether he's been promoted to the KHL or where their affiliate clubs are, but Khabarovsk is out there).

Reactions: thethinglonger

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Popugaev was playing in the MHL for CSKA's system...performing pretty well actually. Although he only played 3 games, he was playing top-line minutes and amassed 3 points (2G 1A) in that time.

I'm wondering if this means Amur is going to try him at the KHL level, since they don't have a lot of producing wingers. One thing is for sure though, it's going to be a lot tougher to watch Popugaev play now if he sticks in Amur because of the ridiculous time difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad