Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
He's kind of like a kid you draft out of a lesser league during the NHL entry draft. You don't REALLY know what you got, but it could be boom or bust.

I'm guessing he thrives down in Bing under his old college coach - although I kind of would have preferred he was being coached by someone else so he gets new, fresh input and ideas. Maybe Sarge can help with that.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Or is Seney this years Gignac?

Seney already dipped his toe in AHL waters with good results

I expect both players to have good seasons in Bing this year with Seney having a legit chance to be with the big club at some point.

That's overly negative by you.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Seney already dipped his toe in AHL waters with good results

I expect both players to have good seasons in Bing this year with Seney having a legit chance to be with the big club at some point.

That's overly negative by you.
If I wanted to be negative I would have used JD Dudek, who was a player du jour at one point because he was “fast” :lol:

I like what I’ve seen from Seney, I was just pointing out how there is hype for almost every prospect at some point and then people crow about how “they knew” and we ignore all the hyped guys that fell by the wayside.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Triumph in 2020

"It wasn't likely Seney would be more than a 4th liner but he defied the odds and is an outlier "

I mean, Lappin came in and did the same thing when he jumped into the AHL. Lorito too. They were a year and two years older respectively, but are their NHL careers flourishing now? Seney's still a longshot to be anything.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If I wanted to be negative I would have used JD Dudek, who was a player du jour at one point because he was “fast” :lol:

I like what I’ve seen from Seney, I was just pointing out how there is hype for almost every prospect at some point and then people crow about how “they knew” and we ignore all the hyped guys that fell by the wayside.

Dudek was always a long shot, he never did anything at BC, he was a Dud

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

to be fair, i don't think anyone on here thought dudek was anything. throwing him in that trade for maroon was laughable and WELL worth it, even if maroon didn't re-sign with us

Reactions: devilsblood

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
to be fair, i don't think anyone on here thought dudek was anything. throwing him in that trade for maroon was laughable and WELL worth it, even if maroon didn't re-sign with us

No, some people definitely were intrigued by his “boom” potential. Even after he didn’t tear up the USHL there were still people saying he could boom.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
that really isn't true....115 points in 139 games is actually quite impressive, especially playing on bad teams
Okay let me put it this way. Seney produced slightly better than Coleman when he was in college (107 points in 143 games). So he might be more skilled than Coleman, but I think Seney is a guy that probably will need to be played in an offensive role and I'm not sure those numbers translate to the NHL unless he adds an intangible. Granted, I've only watched Seney once, so I probably don't have a leg to stand on. But I see the argument in leaving him out of the top prospects in the organization.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah but he played in a program where he didn’t have much help around him. hard to speculate how he would have performed if he was on a roster like bc or harvard or und or any school with top prospects.

we just know he has a ton of offensive ability and whether or not that will translate to professional hockey remains to be seen. he looked good in his brief stint in the ahl but the reality is no one knows what his ceiling may or may not be

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
Okay let me put it this way. Seney produced slightly better than Coleman when he was in college (107 points in 143 games). So he might be more skilled than Coleman, but I think Seney is a guy that probably will need to be played in an offensive role and I'm not sure those numbers translate to the NHL unless he adds an intangible. Granted, I've only watched Seney once, so I probably don't have a leg to stand on. But I see the argument in leaving him out of the top prospects in the organization.

Coleman started college hockey at age 20 and didn’t produce numbers as good as Seney until his junior (22 year old) season. The highest he finished in scoring was 3rd on the team his senior year.

Seney came in as an 18 year old freshman and led the team in scoring every season. Not a good comparison. Context is important when looking at numbers.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Coleman started college hockey at age 20 and didn’t produce numbers as good as Seney until his junior (22 year old) season. The highest he finished in scoring was 3rd on the team his senior year.

Seney came in as an 18 year old freshman and led the team in scoring every season. Not a good comparison. Context is important when looking at numbers.

This cuts both ways. Coleman finished 3rd in scoring his senior year, yes, but the guys who outscored him have both played games in the NHL and basically all his teammates who ever outscored him pursued a career in pro hockey. Meanwhile a lot of top Merrimack guys don't pursue hockey as a profession when they leave school. In short, Seney wasn't looking at a ton of competition for those scoring crowns.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
not having nhl caliber teammates also plays a part.

the only thing anyone can reasonably conclude from any of this is that seney is an unknown as far as any how any of his skills and performance will translate to the pro game, but it will be interesting to watch and there is a small chance he could surprise us

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
The way he came to Binghamton at the end of last season leaves me hopeful that we have a player in Seney. And he was the most noticeable player during development camp imo.

He's probably going to be the most interesting prospect to follow this season. Who knows, he might even make the team out of camp.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Just an interesting note: Yegor Zaitsev's brother Oleg is a prospect, who is expected to be drafted in the 2019 NHL draft. He plays at C and will be playing for the WHL's Red Deer Rebels this season.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
He’s having a hell of a summer

He'll be on the team sooner rather than later in my opinion

Built like a truck, has skill, is a volume shooter (what we need more of) and goes to the dirty areas. We'll see how he does this season in the SHL but I'm very excited about Zetterlund.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->