Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Not that it's the greatest source nowadays, but The Hockey News did its annual Future Watch issue. Devils top 10:

1. Ty Smith (20th ranked prospect league wide)
2. Jesper Boqvist (75)
3. Mackenzie Blackwood (78)
4. Michael McLeod (87)
5. Joey Anderson
6. John Quenneville
7. Reilly Walsh
8. Nathan Bastian
9. Aarne Talvitie
10. Fabian Zetterlund

I guess JQ’s check to THN cleared. How else to explain his ranking?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I guess JQ’s check to THN cleared. How else to explain his ranking?

At least in past years, the teams themselves provided the top 10s. In some cases, certain guys (AHL vets) were seemingly ranked higher if only to make them feel like they were still in the plans. In other cases, unsigned guys like Kevin Poulin and Casey Cizikas were conspicuously absent; I remember the Islanders beat writer saying after that they were most definitely among the team's top 10 prospects but the team didn't want the PR hit just in case they weren't able to sign them. But Quenneville being #6 isn't that out of left field.

Reactions: My3Sons

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
His breakout pass is exceptional... when he gets to play with nhl talent he’s going to have some nice value... definitely nhl skills in his game

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
I’m all aboard the Davies hype train. Have had the chance to see him play a few times and he always stands out in a good way.

Reactions: MichaelJ

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is there any feeling around his willingness to sign with the Devils? Isn't he in the Kerfoot/Butcher place where he is essentially a free agent?

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Is there any feeling around his willingness to sign with the Devils? Isn't he in the Kerfoot/Butcher place where he is essentially a free agent?

As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any word on him *not wanting to sign, which is, in my own bias, what I would look for with NCAA prospects. If he goes back to Northeastern for next season, then he'll be a UFA in August, but not until 2020.

Reactions: sloppydog

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
First round games this weekend for the Frozen 4. Walsh, Helickson, and Davies all in action.

Havard will play Umass Friday afternoon on ESPN2. Notre Dame plays Clarkson that night on ESPNU

Saturday Northeastern plays Cornell on ESPNnews

Reactions: My3Sons

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
I think NU got a pretty favorable regional bracket. Granted I haven't seen Cornell or Minn St, but there's no player that can take over a game on either, and Cornell's goalie is apparently questionable for their match up due to an injury in the conference tourney. Providence is to me the biggest worry given they went 0-2 against Providence this season. NUs on a roll though winning 6 straight while only giving up 7 goals.

Definitely think the odds of Davies getting a game or 2 in went down due to the bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad