Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
FWIW I went to high school with a player on the team now. Wouldn’t exactly call him a genius, and that’s putting it nicely.

Two of my kids played club with Ivy recruits. One had to go the postgrad route and is currently doing well in his sport at his Ivy League school and one is a current recruit who has been asked to get a certain ACT. There are numerous factors at play but the standards expected of the recruit can vary dramatically based on those factors.

I won’t derail the thread but the recent bribery scandal should provide some idea of how much of a joke competitive college admissions have become.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Yeah I've know a few people that have gone to one of those big famous schools up there.. Most of them could barely pass high school but had the athletic skill that they wanted... No way could they have passed college.. But you know how that goes for sports athletes

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I think My3Sons is correct that the issue is nuanced.

Generally these schools are looking for diversity of many types - including athletic excellence. How much they are willing to bend on academic standards because of the athletic excellence depends on many factors. There’s been a lot written about how Tommy Amaker has changed Harvard’s basketball team, for instance.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I’m sure he has his fingers crossed Walsh doesn’t turn pro.

Perhaps, though it sounds like Walsh struggled a bit earlier in the year and he's probably correct in saying that he could use another year of development, especially if Fox leaves and Walsh can take over as the #1 d-man on that team.

I just want to see Davies signed this offseason, but Walsh staying for a 3rd season at Harvard is probably best for his development.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Perhaps, though it sounds like Walsh struggled a bit earlier in the year and he's probably correct in saying that he could use another year of development, especially if Fox leaves and Walsh can take over as the #1 d-man on that team.

I just want to see Davies signed this offseason, but Walsh staying for a 3rd season at Harvard is probably best for his development.

I’d offer WALSH an ELC this offseason just To show the interest. My guess is he returns to school regardless.

Reactions: HBK27

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
perfectly ok letting him develop in the ncaa for one more season and only one more season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad