chickenman's top 100 and top 10 goalies for 2010

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
It's going to be interesting if Fowler gets ranked #1 by ISS at the mid-term rankings. I think there are more than a few Canadians that will continue to bang the drum that Taylor Hall should be at the top of the list. For what's it worth, I've watched both play and they're both going to be absolute studs. I've watched Fowler live a few times, and he's about as much of a sure bet defensive prospect that I've seen in a long time.

Ian Esplen

Mar 8, 2007
calgary
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?encode=TRUE&pid=116421

This states that Ryan O'Connor is 5'11", and thats much accurate. I've met him, and there is no way he's 5'08". AND there is now way he will fall to 83. This kid should be in the top 20-40 imo....

O'Connor is better than a Stephen Silas, Nick Mattson, and even Troy Rutkowski IMO.

I'd like to know your reasoning on droping him down to 83.

mainly due to him being 5"8 if he starts the season well your right he'll be 20-40ish

i also looked into it and he is listed at 5"11 in a few spots so in my 1st rankings of the season he should shoot up. as for being better then mattson and rutkowski i'm not sure about that. he's imo even with a guy like silas

dubbeerleaguer

Jul 20, 2009
Chickenman vs U18 vs Central Scouting

A number of players ranked high on this list are not ranked as either A or B 'prospects to watch' by NHL Central Scouting (http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=442629). What is more interesting, a number of players picked for canada's U18 tryout roster were not listed by Central Scouting either, and vise versa. Anyone have theories on this discrepancy?

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
A number of players ranked high on this list are not ranked as either A or B 'prospects to watch' by NHL Central Scouting (http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=442629). What is more interesting, a number of players picked for canada's U18 tryout roster were not listed by Central Scouting either, and vise versa. Anyone have theories on this discrepancy?

I'm a little bit surprised by that WHL list. Theriau is a B on the watch list yet Rutkowski is left off?

VirtualDraftSurvey

May 10, 2009
Helsinki
Joonas Donskoi is missing from your list. He played 13 games with the Finnish U17 national team last season and had 5+14=19 points.
Highly skilled forward who is training the summer with Kärpät's SM-liiga team. Some issues with balance, strength and skating, but otherwise a great prospect with top line potential. If all goes well he could be a first rounder.

Sami Aittokallio seems like a top Finnish goalie in this draft class and could be in the top-100 once the draft day comes around.

Also two promising European defenders missing from your list; Vitaly Zotov from Lokomotiv Yaroslavl and Martin Marincin from HC Kosice.

And as mentioned earlier Evgeni Kuznetsov and Alexandr Burmistrov are first round talents.

Top scorers (2010 eligible) - 2009 IIHF World U18 Championship's:
#|Player|Team|GP|Go|A|P
1| TARASENKO Vladimir|RUS|7| 8| 7| 15
2| PULKKINEN Teemu|FIN|6| 7| 6| 13
3| KUZNETSOV Evgeni|RUS|7| 6| 7| 13
4| GRANLUND Mikael|FIN|6|2| 11| 13
5| BURMISTROV Alexander|RUS| 7| 4| 7| 11|
6| KABANOV Kirill |RUS|7| 4| 7| 11|
7| HISHON Joey|CAN|6| 5| 5| 10|
8| JÄRNKROK Calle|SWE|6| 2| 7| 9
9| KITSYN Maxim|RUS|7| 4| 4| 8
10| McFARLAND John|CAN|6| 3| 5| 8
11| FOWLER Cam|USA|7| 1| 7| 8
12| HONEJSEK Antonin|CZE|6| 4| 2| 6
13| CONNOLLY Brett|CAN|6| 3| 3| 6
14| NIEDERREITER Nino|SUI|6| 3| 3| 6

Here's an video - of Joonas Donskoi - from the youtube. Clip is from qualification games of the finnish national team(jr) back in 2007. Donskoi should be in the next 2010 World Junior events among U18/U20.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Cody Castro at 64? Really?! I personally think he has absolutely no chance he will get drafted. He is a question mark to make the Hurricanes this year. Last year he just was never usefull (1g, 2a) no matter where they put him (forward or defence) other than when he played 4 minutes a night playing a goon role. Even then he only had 65 PIMs in 49 games, being scratched numerous times.

Its also hard to see Brody Sutter going that high, but he might have a break out year this year, and get an oppertunity with the Hurricanes weak line up.

By the way, isnt Brad Ross elligible this year? If so, I could see him going in the top 2 rounds.

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
Cody Castro at 64? Really?! I personally think he has absolutely no chance he will get drafted. He is a question mark to make the Hurricanes this year. Last year he just was never usefull (1g, 2a) no matter where they put him (forward or defence) other than when he played 4 minutes a night playing a goon role. Even then he only had 65 PIMs in 49 games, being scratched numerous times.

Its also hard to see Brody Sutter going that high, but he might have a break out year this year, and get an oppertunity with the Hurricanes weak line up.

By the way, isnt Brad Ross elligible this year? If so, I could see him going in the top 2 rounds.

yes, he is and yes, he should

Mr Lahey*

It's going to be interesting if Fowler gets ranked #1 by ISS at the mid-term rankings. I think there are more than a few Canadians that will continue to bang the drum that Taylor Hall should be at the top of the list. For what's it worth, I've watched both play and they're both going to be absolute studs. I've watched Fowler live a few times, and he's about as much of a sure bet defensive prospect that I've seen in a long time.

Better than Hedman? Doughty?

Ian Esplen

Mar 8, 2007
calgary

i like the tools castro brings (guys his size that can move like him don't grow on trees)and imo if he finds the right coach and team that will give him time he could be a very good player but he is at least 5 years away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad