GDT: Chicago @ Detroit, 2019 pre-season Game 1, 7:30 ET

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Taro isn't a potato, it's not even in the same family. Potato plants are more closely related to tomato than taro. So closely related that you can graft tomato plants on potato roots.

Also, taro forms corms while potatoes are tubers, and taro leaves are huge.

Just because it grows in the ground doesn't mean it's a potato, otherwise we might as well call beets, carrots, radishes, and turnips potatoes too.
Don't matter.

Still got Puempel right.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
ide like seein ericsson n daley traded for peanuts to contenders because theyre not part of the future and if moved it gives guys like hickets , wrath , etc a chance to become part of that future . and wrath just being around for police work during a tank season is a good thing imo

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
ide like seein ericsson n daley traded for peanuts to contenders because theyre not part of the future and if moved it gives guys like hickets , wrath , etc a chance to become part of that future . and wrath just being around for police work during a tank season is a good thing imo

Downgrades and AHL players, I like both guys but they lack the talent to play at this level consistently.

McIlrath's skating looks a little better but still not good enough. Hicketts gets abused pretty routinely by the big boy NHL players than know how to expose him with how little he is and without being an exceptional player it is a problem. I know he labels guys in the pre-season but all of his extended stays have left a lot to be desired in my opinion.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
No. He's there normally.
27d13b8b65ab728bf739b5e1bcfbbd05.jpg

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeesh Bowey, not sure you need to leave a knee in during a pre-season game. I get it happens quick but if Debrincat doesn't come out for the second they are going to want a pound of flesh for sure for that.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Immediately thought the same... Hronek and not Seider? Or Kaski? Tisk tisk. I'll watch cause I wanna see Ras... Mostly a AHL lineup though.

Blash has been pretty open he wanted those guys to see the big Hawks in Chicago tomorrow. That is a part of the plan... In the pre-season the coaches talk about who is bringing what. I think Trotz was the only guy Blash hadn't really spoken with when he was talking about pre-season lineups.

It makes sense to see where they are against Toews and Kane tomorrow along with the better Hawks D-core moving the puck up ice quicker.

Reactions: Gniwder and Snuggs

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Immediately thought the same... Hronek and not Seider? Or Kaski? Tisk tisk. I'll watch cause I wanna see Ras... Mostly a AHL lineup though.

Blashill said he wanted Seider to play tomorrow because Kane and Toews should be in the lineup

Reactions: Snuggs

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Yeesh Bowey, not sure you need to leave a knee in during a pre-season game. I get it happens quick but if Debrincat doesn't come out for the second they are going to want a pound of flesh for sure for that.
Kirby Dach is still on concussion protocol from that prospect tourney game 1 vs. us...I can't remember who hit him, was it Seider?

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Blash has been pretty open he wanted those guys to see the big Hawks in Chicago tomorrow. That is a part of the plan... In the pre-season the coaches talk about who is bringing what. I think Trotz was the only guy Blash hadn't really spoken with when he was talking about pre-season lineups.

It makes sense to see where they are against Toews and Kane tomorrow along with the better Hawks D-core moving the puck up ice quicker.

Ok makes more sense then. I was also scratching my head on why they played Glendenning/Howard/Hronek... Like... I get it's preseason but what do they have to, "prove". But I like the above reasoning, makes sense. I can at least see the reasoning.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Did they not play Ras on the PP there??? I don't think I saw him which I don't really understand...

It was at least interesting unit... Rasmussen was on the another.

------ Glendening (net-front)

Puempel --- DLR --- TErry

------- Hronek

------------ Rasmussen

Hirose - Svechnikov - Elson

----------- Cholowski

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ok makes more sense then. I was also scratching my head on why they played Glendenning/Howard/Hronek... Like... I get it's preseason but what do they have to, "prove". But I like the above reasoning, makes sense. I can at least see the reasoning.

It depends I feel like the last couple years we go heavy home or road with the Pens or Hawks. They are usually our first two opponents. The Leafs and us have our final tune up in alternating years, I believe it is our turn to play the big guys in Toronto this year and the AHL guys will be in Detroit. They usually vary it, but they stagger the lineups and the opposing coaches do map this out together is a part of what you're seeing. Our juggling will be especially weird with the extra marquee pre-season craft hockey game and 9th overall so this could be a really strange year because of that. But the lineup we are seeing the first two nights is pretty typical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad