GDT: Chicago Blackhawks (14-28-4) @ Calgary Flames (23-16-9) | 1/26/23 | 7PM MT | Sportsnet & Fan960

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I love that any jabroni fan could’ve projected out similar lines as we have rn. Glad a profession coaching staff took 50 games to put together a proper top 9, real awesome guys!

Reactions: Tofveve

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Unacceptable. Can’t see this team in the playoffs. Are we going into the deadline with a lame duck GM???? What a mess; trade some vets for picks and almost ready prospects. Likely won’t happen though. Wow. 5-1 loss to an AHL team.

Reactions: Pomee

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
e5298fa161276c26501b4173572921ed.jpg

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Worst thing to me was that Kadri was the only Flame pissed off in that 3rd period. Like you are getting blown out at home by a team trying to be bad.

Go f***ing hit a guy. Scrum it up at least. Show some god damn sack. Instead they did the same ineffectual perimeter board BS get it back to the point and float a 40ft wrister in to hope for the best for 20 minutes. Execution was horrible, like I get it that happens. But no excuse for not giving a shit and packing it in early.

Also : for having such purpordedly great C depth the Flames get pushed to the outside way too easily. They completed approximately one pass to a guy moving in the slot all game and Huberdeau scored off it.

Puk44

May 7, 2022
Well, guess is safe to say that this year Flames wouldn't make the playoffs.
Unless something really unxpected happens...

What I dont get it is, against Tampa few days ago, they had attitude, they played well and they get the win. So, for this team losing with bottom teams, it's not the lack of quality of the players. It's just laziness, lack of focus and very bad options.
If only at the end of this games we could say, "Ok the team played very well but we just got unlucky". But that isn't clearly the case, right?

Something got to change, unfortunately I don't think it will happen this season.

P.S. - I would like an explanation why Ruzicka was scratched. It was one of those things...

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Glad I slept through the game; blown out 5-1 AT HOME to a team purposely tanking. Gonna miss the playoffs and be in that 11-16 range where we don't even get a shot at Bedard (or Michkov or Fantilli or Carlsson).

With these crap efforts I wonder if the team is tuning Sutter out already.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just an awful effort in this one.

Looking around the league, though, Colorado lost to Anaheim and the Blues lost to Arizona 5-0.

It's not just a Flames thing. Was it a full moon?

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
On the bright side Pelletier got some serious ice time this game and looked good. Now leave the Coleman backs mangi line alone and shift Pelletier with kadri and hubs would be great

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I don't think I have ever witnessed a PP with this amount of skill that looks so disjointed and out of sorts. It's literally a gamechanger - in a bad way. It CLEARLY does not work, and we are 50 games into the season and not a single change has been made to the unit. It's absolute insanity.

Much like how this team simply can't perform with Tanev out of the lineup - the same holds true when Markstrom is in net. They have lost any and all confidence in him and I don't blame them.

This is an ugly situation. That was an absolute embarrassment of a performance.

I bet the result was due to the "young guys" being unprepared though, Right, Darryl?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad