GDT: Chicago Blackhawks (14-28-4) @ Calgary Flames (23-16-9) | 1/26/23 | 7PM MT | Sportsnet & Fan960

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Lmfao we suck so bad. Getting pumped by facking Chicago.

Colorado, Minnesota and Nashville all winning their games right now too

Reactions: Boomstick

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Wow. Was looking for some old headphones and we're now down 3. Good news is one of my books offers full early payout in that situation. Hawks ticket cashed. Told you folks. We're not good as a huge home fave. 2-6-1 after this one.

Reactions: Boomstick

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Barely beat Blue Jackets in OT, now they are getting their yesterday's dinner pushed in by Chicago, good thing we didn't opt for a rebuild.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
6l2V.gif

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Haven't seen a game in person since before Covid. Flames at Sabres Saturday February 11th. 12:30 est.
Had high hopes of going, but the way we're playing I don't even know if I should bother. I'll look on stub-hub. If I can find something dirt cheap I'll go. I used to be able to find 2nd row off the ice for about $35 US so that's what I'll be looking for. No chance I'm paying full price.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
We have to understand that we're a badly underperforming club and have been for a lot of the year. At a certain point this just is what we are. I still like our roster a lot. We just have negative synergy. Our execution is substantially less than the sum of our parts. Our shot % is so bleak and our starting goalie gets 1-2 goals of support 75% of the time. Who out of Vegas Seattle Edmonton LA Colorado Winnipeg Minny and Dallas are we beating for a spot realistically? Unless a team like Seattle LA or Minny divebombs the remainder I see us finishing 9th as we used to do for sport several yrs running (10th spot was in there too I believe). Nashville and STL aren't dead either.

If we do make the playoffs is anyone confident we'd win 4 out of 7 games vs any of them? Absolutely not. Can capturing lightning in a bottle happen? Of course it can. Feels under 3% though.

So what do we do. Ownership will not tank/be sellers. If anything we'll trade picks we shouldn't (like this board is terrified of) to pickup a rental for a run that won't materialize.

Hard stuff to watch and know night in and night out that I can be rich fading my team. Awful.

Went out for the 2nd period, see Marky rocking an .825

Classic lol
It's so hurtful how easy it is to predict these inevitable losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad