GDT: Chicago Blackhawks (14-28-4) @ Calgary Flames (23-16-9) | 1/26/23 | 7PM MT | Sportsnet & Fan960

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
We have to understand that we're a badly underperforming club and have been for a lot of the year. At a certain point this just is what we are. I still like our roster a lot. We just have negative synergy. Our execution is substantially less than the sum of our parts. Our shot % is so bleak and our starting goalie gets 1-2 goals of support 75% of the time. Who out of Vegas Seattle Edmonton LA Colorado Winnipeg Minny and Dallas are we beating for a spot realistically? Unless a team like Seattle LA or Minny divebombs the remainder I see us finishing 9th as we used to do for sport several yrs running (10th spot was in there too I believe). Nashville and STL aren't dead either.

If we do make the playoffs is anyone confident we'd win 4 out of 7 games vs any of them? Absolutely not. Can capturing lightning in a bottle happen? Of course it can. Feels under 3% though.

So what do we do. Ownership will not tank/be sellers. If anything we'll trade picks we shouldn't (like this board is terrified of) to pickup a rental for a run that won't materialize.

Hard stuff to watch and know night in and night out that I can be rich fading my team. Awful.

It's so hurtful how easy it is to predict these inevitable losses.

Whatever it was that 2014-15 team had, this team has the opposite.

Incredible how fast the entire defense shits their hockey pants without Chris Tanev. What exactly is he doing back there? Is it just his aura?! How does he leave the lineup and the entire blueline all of a sudden can't find their asshole with both hands.

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
I dont understand, how can you play old fart Lucic instead of this Ruzicka kid.
If you dont want him, trade him to Montreal, they would love to have him playing together with Slafkovsky. Big Tall Slovak Duo!

Reactions: flames23

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Not exactly his fault. Some very questionable play in front of him.
Its never his fault. This team gives up among the lowest SA/game in the league and is above average in suppressing high-danger chances.

He hasn't made the big stops... again.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Huberdeau is good at getting apples... Let's tell him to be a shooter instead.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Embarrassing enough is, I don't think we've won a game by 4 goals yet this year.
Had a nice 6-1 lead in Dallas, but we know how that ended up.
I've been scratching my head all season, trying to be a rah-rah trooper, but holy, time is running out.
I'm not going to lie, I love the Flames, but I would not be opposed to blowing things up if we're out of the playoffs come trade deadline. I bet you the Wranglers could skate us off the ice right now.

Reactions: flames23

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
picard-double-facepalm-gif-writereditorproblems-lynseyg.gif

Imagine showing up and beating a tanking hawks team. They could have put themselves in a really good spot if they bothered with this game, and got the win tomorrow as well.
This team is... baffling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad