GDT: Chicago Blackhawks (14-28-4) @ Calgary Flames (23-16-9) | 1/26/23 | 7PM MT | Sportsnet & Fan960

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Ruzicka's 4th line minutes and 20 pts not good enough for Sutter's NHL. Don Cherry was canceled for less IMO. Guy has something wrong with Adam. Maybe he doesn't present himself as subservient enough. I don't care if Ruzicka hasn't been great or some argument. Dube sucked balls for a number of years with regular playing time. Mangi has sucked balls for most of his career - even last year he went missing for significant stretches. What in the actual f*** is wrong with this coaching and management? And I've been on the fence not really going after Sutter and Co much. Get rid of this troglodite and at least package Ruz so he can star somewhere else ffs.

Go Flams. Should be able to beat these guys at least 3-1. No team is a gimme though.

Reactions: Pomee and Boomstick

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Going to vent some more.

We need to package/get rid of several middle lineup guys to make room for the young group who quite frankly deserve a shot and are likely better. I'm only looking at positions as F and D generally.

I like Coleman for his effort but he's an expensive plugger who's a bit undersized.

Mangi has been playing better as of late but he's undersized and had a career year last year; that and he is very streaky, always has been, goes MIA for long stretches. Guy just isn't dependable for 2nd line scoring. I'd take a Derek Ryan over what Mangi brings.

I'd like to get rid of more but can't quite think of a third until Lucic is gone. Speaking of Looch. I know he's in the lineup where he is the same way Semenko and McSorley were in the lineup. Though it's no longer the 80s I can see why coached want a resident enforcer around (as painful as it is for me to see).

In a perfect world I'd like to see us rid ourselves of Hubes and his contract but I guess it is what it is. Hopefully he gets even to 75/80% of preseason expectation.

Dube and Lewis seem to have earned their spots by now.

I think Ruz has earned a consistent spot similar to how Dube was given a long leash and how others like Kobasew and Lombardi were given long leashes and never did much.

Duehr and Pel would obviously be the other 2 that look like they can play well at this level. But they need more time and I want to see them over a longer stretch myself.

Tldr

So yeah, long story short, package Coleman and Mangi and a few other press box guys for a good D man. We should get decent offers for those 2 IMO. Give Ruz years worth of uninterrupted playing time on one of the the top 2 or 3 lines (similar to Dube and Mangi). Give Duehr and Pel their shots too, which thankfully they're getting now - see how long that lasts.

Last edited:

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Flames -400 betting favourites, hawks +375 dogs. We're playing the undefeated Jaxson Stauber in goal (1-0) tonight. Hammer the Hawks. Lol. It's weird but when we're massive moneyline favourites we either lose outright or win an incredibly tight game. We beat up the sharks twice in the tank and Philly earlier in the year all on the road, but at home?
-305 vs sabres: 6-3 loss
-255 vs Kraken (before they were good) 5-4 loss
-250 vs Preds 4-1 loss
-295 vs Habs 2-1 loss
-320 vs Yotes 3-2 WIN
-200 vs Canucks 4-3 sol
-240 vs Blues 5-2 loss
-350 vs CBJ 4-3 OTW

Now I kept it to games at -200 or higher odds of us winning. For those non-gamblers out there a - number suggests the amount needed to wager to profit $100. A + suggests the amount profited on a $100 wager. Vegas odds are weird like that. So tonight you'd need to plop down $400 to win $100 back. Conversely you could bet $26.67 on the Hawks at +375 to profit the same $100 (or of course bet a full $100 to profit the $375 list price).

Massive chasm eh. For the same $400 to win $100 on the flames you could win $1500 on the Hawks. 15 to 1 profit ratio tonight. We'll see how it goes. I am not super optimistic that we look the part. Hope I'm wrong and looch and Pell swap spots.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
You know the whining is getting pretty thick around here.

Are you guys ok with riding 23 yr old 20 pt man Adam Ruzicka's career into the grave on the 4th line and in the press box? That's what I'm choked about seeing. Also I'm glad we're giving Pel and Duehr a small shot but we never know how long that will last around here. Both look pretty good so far but not better than Ruzicka in my eyes. We did it to Bennett and he's taken off since leaving here. Either play Ruz or trade him and look back with regret.

Anyways, I have to miss this one due to work/nightshift.

Good luck team, win gam!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad