News Article: Chiarelli thinks that the Oilers will not make SC playoffs

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Yes let's spend another several years to discover that Chiarelli is a bad GM. What a smart franchise this is, so much has changed since Lowe (not). You know who else is begging for us to keep Chiarelli and praying he doesn't get fired? Every single Flames fan. I hear this in Calgary all the time not even exaggerating.
Well lets face it, the average Flames fan is about as sharp as a bowling ball. Most of them have TGIF written on their footwear...for toes go in first. You are talking about people who loved Jay Feaster.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Think PC unfortunately kept the overachievers from last year and sent out the under-achievers. I also believe that the flu has hit this team really hard which is part of what's going on.

I think he expected pool-party to step into a top 6 role easily. Basically everything worked out for him last year and nothing is this year. I suspect we see regression to the median towards the end of the year. Hopefully it is enough to help with our bad start.

PS - cut off for the playoffs in the West was 88 point last year. Basically a +6 win/regulation loss record. Probably will be closer this year. Basically means assuming the same weak play in the West the Oilers would have to win 10 more games then they lose... Chances are playoffs will be closer to the 90-93 point range. Meaning the Oilers would have to win 15 more games then they lose over the next 58 games. A record of say 33-18-7 would do it.

Last edited:

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
Well lets face it, the average Flames fan is about as sharp as a bowling ball. Most of them have TGIF written on their footwear...for toes go in first. You are talking about people who loved Jay Feaster.

I don’t know what brain dead Calgary fans you know but I lived in Calgary up until a few weeks ago and practically no one loved Jay Feaster. When Sutter was on his last legs as GM practically everyone I know was praying for an outside hire. Then there came his god awful trades and signings. He was hated in Calgary. The ONLY things he did that’s was good for the team we’re blind luck. Gaudreau and Monahan.

Reactions: dzd ncnfzd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad