Chia appreciation thread.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You have the #firechia and rate chia on a scale of 1 to 10 threads to fill with the negative crap. Can you just show a little respect for people who don't shate the all negative all the time reaction to Chiarelli?

You're barking up the wrong tree. My comment had nothing to do with Chiarelli.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
You're barking up the wrong tree. My comment had nothing to do with Chiarelli.

These are both since you said you would let it be.

Oh sure, it's not like Chia had ever traded a young elite forward for peanuts before.

If the results are bad, there's no reason to assume the process which led to that decision was good.

Why can't you just show a little respect and keep the negativity out of the Chia appreciation thread?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
These are both since you said you would let it be.

Why can't you just show a little respect and keep the negativity out of the Chia appreciation thread?

Because I don't understand why we have to have hermetically sealed threads where no dissent is allowed?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The roster and coaching staff is better today then when the season ended. Couldnt say that this time last year.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Because I don't understand why we have to have hermetically sealed threads where no dissent is allowed?

There are threads for spewing anger at Chia and for somewhat reasonable discussion. It's not an unreasonble request. It's called be a decent human being. The thread for all out attacks on Chia - #firechia and the thread for back and forth discussion of Chia ... rate 1 to 10.

Seriously, why can't you respect the fact that people may want to show appreciation for the work Chia has done?

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
Not a bad day for chia today.
That being said if we weren't hamstrung capwise, there were definitely bigger and better deals to be had.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Not a bad day for chia today.
That being said if we weren't hamstrung capwise, there were definitely bigger and better deals to be had.

Fair enough. Every team is going to run into cap issues from time to time.

Guess it depends on the situation with Strome. Brodziak now gives them an option at 3C. Not ideal, but it does provide the team more leverage in dealing with Strome.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
There are threads for spewing anger at Chia and for somewhat reasonable discussion. It's not an unreasonble request. It's called be a decent human being. The thread for all out attacks on Chia - #firechia and the thread for back and forth discussion of Chia ... rate 1 to 10.

Seriously, why can't you respect the fact that people may want to show appreciation for the work Chia has done?

How am I stopping them?

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

says the guy who loses his s*** and goes into defensive mode if anyone says anything less than nice about his hero hall. fine. if there's any hall appreciation thread out there i'll be sure to drop by...

Reactions: Night Witch

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
says the guy who loses his s*** and goes into defensive mode if anyone says anything less than nice about his hero hall. fine.

Lol, if I said no one could say anything and about Hall, you might have a point. But i didn't and you don't.

if there's any hall appreciation thread out there i'll be sure to drop by...

And as if you need any motivation to indulge your bizarre obsession with Hall.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
How am I stopping them?

By continuing to spread your anger in a thread started to avoid that anger. What good are you doing by insisting to post contrary to the stated thread purpose?

Reactions: Night Witch

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
By continuing to spread your anger in a thread started to avoid that anger. What good are you doing by insisting to post contrary to the stated thread purpose?

I'm not angry. I dunno why you continue to conflate criticism with anger and bitterness.

I'm. Not. Stopping. Them.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I'm. Not. Stopping. Them.

Not "stopping them" is not respecting them.

Seriously, why can't you respect the fact that people may want to show appreciation for the work Chia has done? The never ending criticism is disrespectful. Can you please use one of the other threads to criticize Chia? Or at least answer the questions why you refuse to doso?

Chi made two pretty solid signings today. Yet, you are obstinate in resuing to comprehend why your continued insistence on posting your criticisms in this thread is just plain ignorant.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Not "stopping them" is not respecting them.

Seriously, why can't you respect the fact that people may want to show appreciation for the work Chia has done? The never ending criticism is disrespectful. Can you please use one of the other threads to criticize Chia? Or at least answer the questions why you refuse to doso?

LMAO come on. It's a hockey board, it's not that serious.

Chi made two pretty solid signings today. Yet, you are obstinate in resuing to comprehend why your continued insistence on posting your criticisms in this thread is just plain ignorant.

Ok here's some appreciation: I appreciate that Chia has (so far) not completely **** his pants and made a couple of good small bets working with the tiny amount of cap space he left himself.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
LMAO come on. It's a hockey board, it's not that serious.

So you are just taking the piss out of everybody? Good for you. Nice to see that being a decent human being is beyond your level of maturity.

Ok here's some appreciation: I appreciate that Chia has (so far) not completely **** his pants and made a couple of good small bets working with the tiny amount of cap space he left himself.

Oooh. Sarcasm. The sign of a truly developed man. :D

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
So you are just taking the piss out of everybody? Good for you. Nice to see that being a decent human being is beyond your level of maturity.

Oooh. Sarcasm. The sign of a truly developed man. :D

Not kissing a hockey executive's *** on a message board makes me a bad human being now?

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Mods should thread ban certain posters who are not adhering to the spirit of this thread. There are other (several) threads they can vent their criticisms about Chia. I came to read some appreciation but it consistently being derailed by certain posters.

I appreciate Chia bringing back former oilers Brodziak and Rieder. It feels some wrongs have been made right, they were two players I didn't want to see traded when they were here.
Though there is still a ways to go to regain my full confidence in him. He is definitely taking the steps in the right direction...even if it's baby steps.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Not kissing a hockey executive's *** on a message board makes me a bad human being now?

No purposely posting on a thread aimed at showing appreciation for Peter Chiarelli just to get a reaction from people leaves you a little short of being a decent human being.

Nobody is saying you have to kiss Chia's arse. Just post your criticisms in the thread meant for it. Keeping your criticism out of this thread isn't kissing arse. It is what a decent human being would do.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Mods should thread ban certain posters who are not adhering to the spirit of this thread. There are other (several) threads they can vent their criticisms about Chia. I came to read some appreciation but it consistently being derailed by certain posters.

I appreciate Chia bringing back former oilers Brodziak and Rieder. It feels some wrongs have been right. Though there is still a ways to go regain full confidence in him. He is definitely taking the steps in the right direction...even if it's baby steps.

Excellent post.

Regaining full confidence in Chia really only happens with a strong season from the Oilers. The Oilers are definitely headed in the right direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad