Chia appreciation thread.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Thank you for not picking Ty Smith at 10.
Im sure Bouchard vs Dobson will be a hot topic here for a few years but im glad we got one of them and am also glad that Chia didnt have to pass up on Boqvist.

ps> Thanks for not trading the pick for Tanev

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Take this over to main board see how that goes! Haha

For how bad Chia is at big trades, he has done 2 things decent for us.

Make small good adds, in Talbot and Maroon, and he’s started to stock the cupboards of prospects

Benson, Yamamoto, Marody, Bear, Jones, Bouchard are all decent prospects that were a sight for sore eyes in an empty system

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Pistol Pete will add to the cupboard tomorrow. No instant coffee either. I’m talking Keurig adds here.
WFkW84b.gif

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Me trying to be positive towards Peter:

He's good at mini-trades and drafting. I think he would benefit significantly if he was banned from trading away 1st round picks and dealing star players.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Luckiest GM on the planet. Lucks into McDavid, lucks into Puljujarvi (at the time) and now lucks into Bouchard and probably doesn't have to put in the work to fill am offensive RHD spot as a result.

I'd like to see smaller moves now to fill out the roster, he's good at those. Stick to your strengths Peter, no big trades.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Luckiest GM on the planet. Lucks into McDavid, lucks into Puljujarvi (at the time) and now lucks into Bouchard and probably doesn't have to put in the work to fill am offensive RHD spot as a result.

Lucked into McDavid? You do get he was hired after McDavid was assured to be an Oiler, I hope.

There is already a #firechia thread. All the haters constantly remind anyone favourable to chia about the thread title. Quid pro quo.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Lucked into McDavid? You do get he was hired after McDavid was assured to be an Oiler, I hope.

There is already a #firechia thread. All the haters constantly remind anyone favourable to chia about the thread title. Quid pro quo.

Not a hater, just saying how lucky he has gotten through the draft and inheriting McDavid.
Yes, I'm glad that he didn't do the stupid thing and reach for a lower rated prospect although I don't like passing on Dobson so in that sense, I appreciate him as I'm sure they were tempted to take the local boy.

I'll appreciate him more if he can find some much needed secondary scoring for this team without selling the farm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad