Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VAN] Jason Dickinson and 2024 2nd round pick for Riley Stillman

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Fair enough - just makes one wonder as to why he couldn't play like this in Vancouver (although like you said, it's a small sample size as of this writing). Dickinson had both Green and Boudreau to play under as well.

Yeah. I don't know. It's one of those questions that you have to ask though. Why can't Vancouver get the most out of a guy like Dickinson? Just kind of goes into the melting pot with all the other questions about the team attitude/culture/deployment of players, etc. Why is the Special Teams continually so abysmal across multiple coaches, with personnel who should be plenty capable? It's...weird.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Gaudette didn't play for the Canucks last season there chief. :-p
Chief?
I was referencing Dickinson there clown. 🤡

He told Chicago folks he felt good. Vancouver trainers treated him most of last year for an injured hand but never X-rayed it or rested it.
After the season HE had it x-rayed and learned it was broken.
He says it effected his shot, stick handle and board scum play. He’s healthy now and playing like he did prior to Canuck debacle.
(Notice he was a good player pre Vancouver and a good player post Vancouver.)

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Chief?
I was referencing Dickinson there clown. 🤡
Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 3.45.10 PM.png

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm pretty sure that 99.7% of the population would have assumed that you were referring to Gaudette with your use of 'him.' I could be wrong though, who knows.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
View attachment 598086

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm pretty sure that 99.7% of the population would have assumed that you were referring to Gaudette with your use of 'him.' I could be wrong though, who knows.

Yeah. That was either a misquote, or a poorly explained addendum to that post.

But the point does still stand. Dickinson playing through a busted hand doesn't fully explain things away, but it can't have helped. It also lends itself to the question, "what is going on in Vancouver???" There's so much weird drama that shouldn't be a thing, especially with depth players like Dickinson where it should just be smooth sailing, "steady as she goes" low maintenance fare.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
View attachment 598086

Any way you want it except Gaudette was pretty insignificant in Chicago as well.
The guy belongs in Europe.

And back to my question. I wander if it was noted in the Vancouver press that the training staff misdiagnosed a broken hand? The guy is a good bottom 6er. A few weeks in a cast and the nucks would have a good player.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Yeah. That was either a misquote, or a poorly explained addendum to that post.

But the point does still stand. Dickinson playing through a busted hand doesn't fully explain things away, but it can't have helped. It also lends itself to the question, "what is going on in Vancouver???" There's so much weird drama that shouldn't be a thing, especially with depth players like Dickinson where it should just be smooth sailing, "steady as she goes" low maintenance fare.
Dickinson playing with a busted hand is absolutely crazy if true. Heads need to roll in Vancouver if that is what happened.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Want Chase Stillman? you could get him for a late round pick! Imagine going from the Sedin twins to the Sillman brothers!

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
would not be surprised if Chicago can turn him into a good TDL asset this year or next. centers are pretty much always useful.

I still think realistically, he's a Winger...who can play Center. But i agree with your sentiment there. For teams at the deadline, a defensively responsible bottom-6 winger with speed and decent size, who can slide into the middle if/when injuries hit, is absolutely useful. Being comfortable at basically any position up front is utility and flexibility that good, deep teams usually appreciate.

Reactions: WindsorHawk

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Dickinson playing with a busted hand is absolutely crazy if true. Heads need to roll in Vancouver if that is what happened.

at this pt, how is it surprising?

players’ injuries our medical staff have been called out for mishandling: kesler, mason raymond, hodgson, tanev, boeser, petey, jett woo… probably forgetting a bunch of others….

all time organizational poor judgment mistakes my child wouldn’t have made on ferland and the letting the whole team give each other covid….

former canucks director of sports medicine rick celebrini sltered the hall of fame careers of both kevin durant and klay thompson with poor judgment calls….

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
In retrospect, I am glad that this kick occurred since the selfish actions of these two caused covid to spread within our lockerroom during the 2020-2021 season.

at this pt, how is it surprising?

players’ injuries our medical staff have been called out for mishandling: kesler, mason raymond, hodgson, tanev, boeser, petey, jett woo… probably forgetting a bunch of others….

all time organizational poor judgment mistakes my child wouldn’t have made on ferland and the letting the whole team give each other covid….

former canucks director of sports medicine rick celebrini sltered the hall of fame careers of both kevin durant and klay thompson with poor judgment calls….
If all of this is true, then the hate that Francesco is currently receiving from the fans is well deserved and justified.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
You don't use dark mode? What the hell, bro.
LOL, I come from a different era my friend. Light grey backgrounds, rivals.com, NHL 94' controls for my EA sports games, Eminem being the best rapper in the world, Brittany Spears still being hot, WWE being cool, and Limp Bizkit electrifying the world with their innovative fusion of rock and hip hop. #Hotmail #MySpace #MSN Messenger #AOLTimeWarner

Reactions: JaegerDice

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
LOL, I come from a different era my friend. Light grey backgrounds, rivals.com, NHL 94' controls for my EA sports games, Eminem being the best rapper in the world, Brittany Spears still being hot, WWE being cool, and Limp Bizkit electrifying the world with their innovative fusion of rock and hip hop. #Hotmail #MySpace #MSN Messenger #AOLTimeWarner
MS-DOS was the original dark mode. Dark mode is actually a return to tradition. These bright UIs are an eyesore.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

I'm not sure it's even really a "generational" thing. Lots of people round abouts my age use "dark theme" everything. And there were plenty of really ugly "dark background" things from that era. From forums to Myspace to whatever.

I find it kind of weird though. I never use "dark mode" for forums or anything like that. Anything text-related really. But i absolutely despise that there's no functinal "dark mode" for a bunch of the graphic-oriented software i use every day. Just kills my eyes.

Idk if it's just because i grew up reading books, on paper. And just got used to seeing words written that way. Black on a white background? Or if it's just something about the strain of staring at tiny details against a stark white background for hours on end. But whatever it is...Team hfboards Light Theme.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad