Confirmed with Link: [CHI/VAN] Gustav Forsling traded for Adam Clendening

Status
Not open for further replies.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Only time will tell with this one. Don't see either guy making an impact for at least another season or two. Though I think the Canucks win this one.

Last edited:

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This guy is 22, can play the North American game and has put up an amazing amount of points (for a defenceman) in the AHL.

BUT FORSLING WAS COMPLIMENTED BY BOB MCKENZIE!!!

Never change HF.

So swedes can't play a North American game?

Do Stanton and Bieksa play "North American" game? :laugh:

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I just find it so ironic that the one guy Benning drafted that exceeded expectations this year ended up getting traded. Clearly it wasn't Benning who targeted him.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Good year in the AHL least season. Not as good this year (statswise).

I assume we'll see him up with the team fairly soon. Wonder if this is the end of Frankie's stay up here or if we plan to move/waive a defenseman.

I'm thinking Sbisa. He's not worth his QO.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I got **** on every time I said that I don't believe Forsling will make the NHL.

I still don't, so I'm happy with this trade. Clendening is a much safer bet. Excellent deal.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Maybe something bigger is going down? Perhaps one of our regulars on D will be traded and Clendening is here to fill the void.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
if we can turn a 5th round pick every year into a 2nd round pick that's a few years ahead at the same position then that's not too bad

still a bit of risk involved in that the canucks are betting forsling's development curve won't spike

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Huh. I think Clendenning is a similar player to Forsling, but further ahead the development curve. Maybe Benning thought Forsling's good WJC show was as good as it would get for him?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm confused by this deal. At best you could say Clendening is further along in his development?

I think Benning was quoted as saying that he would look at trades where we would acquire a player further ahead in development. Clendening is just that. Forsling will be a while before he starts making a push for the NHL, IMO.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Maybe something bigger is going down? Perhaps one of our regulars on D will be traded and Clendening is here to fill the void.

one of Straton Sibsa or Weber is gone.....it won't be a regular or this means Corrado is back to the comets.......

donut

Sep 5, 2012
You guys are way too high on Forsling -- Clendening is a safer bet for someone to make the NHL (and stay there), he is further in development and is considered one of Chicago's more promising prospects. Love the deal.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I think that's exactly it. They seem like near-identical players, but Clendenning is a few years older.

I don't mind it. We have a clear deficit of guys in that 21-25 age range.

I don't think they're equal at all. Forsling was a solid PP quaterback, but I think Clendenning is better at moving the puck, and defensively. Clendenning also has very good offensive instincts.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Sorry where did I say Swedes can't play a North American game? Stop making ***** up for the sake of an argument.

So stating a guy can play a North American game (who happens to be American) insinuates the latter can't. And he's Swedish.

Perhaps make better posts then.

And didn't Forsling make the WJC first team?

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I think Benning was quoted as saying that he would look at trades where we would acquire a player further ahead in development. Clendening is just that. Forsling will be a while before he starts making a push for the NHL, IMO.

yep sound like someone like Linden Vey with his development in the AHL....... now I wonder if Benning is going for another forward that is also developed

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
if we can turn a 5th round pick every year into a 2nd round pick that's a few years ahead at the same position then that's not too bad

still a bit of risk involved in that the canucks are betting forsling's development curve won't spike

Now if we can just trade Clendening for a 1st round pick from 2008...maybe Colton Teubert? Keep the value train rolling.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
Huh. I think Clendenning is a similar player to Forsling, but further ahead the development curve. Maybe Benning thought Forsling's good WJC show was as good as it would get for him?

Imagine that, we sold high!

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Assuming Benning sees Clendening as an NHL dman, this leaves us with Tanev, Bieksa, Clendening, Corrado under contract on the right side going into next season?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I like this deal, honestly. Everyone is obviously going to be really high on Forsling after his WJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad