Confirmed with Link: [CHI/VAN] Gustav Forsling traded for Adam Clendening

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I think we see Clendening up sooner rather than later based on our depth on D...

No idea what kind of player he is though.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Im not sure what to think either, liked frosling, i liked what little I have seen of clendening as well.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Clendening is 6'0" 190lbs according to Hawks website. He's 22 years old. Shoots right.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
He's actually a pretty good prospect. Very good puck moving dman and on the Right side to boot. He's also pretty solid in his own end.

I liked Forsling, but I actually think we win this trade. Forsling isn't nearly as good defensively, as good as a puck mover and in my opinion was a longershot at actually making the NHL as a solid dman.

el_capitan

Jan 6, 2007
This guy is 22, can play the North American game and has put up an amazing amount of points (for a defenceman) in the AHL.

BUT FORSLING WAS COMPLIMENTED BY BOB MCKENZIE!!!

Never change HF.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
make no sense to trade a young potential good dmen for depth d-men.......

Makes perfect sense actually. Clendening is basically just a bigger version of Forsling that's more ahead in his development. He was a high scorer in both the NCAA and AHL.

Forsling, as nice of a prospect he is, is still a longshot to make the NHL and was a project. Plus, with McNally and Subban in the system, he's really redundant.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Good year in the AHL least season. Not as good this year (statswise).

I assume we'll see him up with the team fairly soon. Wonder if this is the end of Frankie's stay up here or if we plan to move/waive a defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad