Confirmed Trade: [CHI/FLA] B. Connolly, R. Stillman, H. Borgstrom, '21 7th for L. Wallmark, L. Carlsson

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Undesirable contract for possibly an undesirable contract. CDH has another year at $4.55 mil. It's not horrible, but it wouldn't be a surprise if he passed through waivers in this environment.

Just because he passes through waivers doesn't mean he's a bad player necessarily or that no one wants him. How many teams could take on $4.55mil at the moment?

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Weegar is playing on his off side when paired with Ekblad. So the left shot would be to pair with Weegar now playing on the right.
Would that be top pairing minutes? Are the guys speculated in the trade able to play top pair minutes?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Could be a cap clearing move from the Panthers, but I don’t see a 1st being used to dump his contract. Connolly has been bad this season, but the two previous seasons played at a 22 goal pace. At 28 they could see a potential bounce back. I could see Stillman and a 2nd to dump him

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Could be a cap clearing move from the Panthers, but I don’t see a 1st being used to dump his contract. Connolly has been bad this season, but the two previous seasons played at a 22 goal pace. At 28 they could see a potential bounce back. I could see Stillman and a 2nd to dump him

Perhaps... But I think Florida is also going to get back a decent roster player here as well. They gotta believe they can win this year with where they are in the standings and how well they have played all year.

I think they get back a solid roster player in this deal as well, and thus the pick involved here is a 1st rounder as a way to bridge the gap between the Connolly cap dump, and the roster player they are getting back in the deal as well.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Would that be top pairing minutes? Are the guys speculated in the trade able to play top pair minutes?
You asked if FL would more want a right hand D, was just saying Weegar is now playing on the right, so there isn’t necessarily a bigger hole on the right side.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Perhaps... But I think Florida is also going to get back a decent roster player here as well. They gotta believe they can win this year with where they are in the standings and how well they have played all year.

I think they get back a solid roster player in this deal as well, and thus the pick involved here is a 1st rounder as a way to bridge the gap between the Connolly cap dump, and the roster player they are getting back in the deal as well.

True, not sure who that could be to raise the value because Chicago’s rentals are pretty weak. Murphy makes sense for a guy with a little term

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Connolly is a cap dump, and Stillman isn't much of anything. If this is for a decent player from Chicago, Florida will be adding a lot in futures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad