Confirmed Trade: [CHI/FLA] B. Connolly, R. Stillman, H. Borgstrom, '21 7th for L. Wallmark, L. Carlsson

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Must be some sort of cap dump coming back to FLA. Connolly is awful and Stillman is a bottom pairing guy at best, with not much upside beyond that -- tho I have liked his game at times.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I imagine its Murphy / De Haan or Zadorov coming back. FLA clearly in the need for an Ekblad Replacement (we know no one will actually replace him, but you know what I mean)

P.S. the names at the top of this post do not buy any of these guys, so they are clearly the throw in pieces, not the main piece

Reactions: Yorkshire Leaf

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Connolly is decent but extremely overpaid with another year left. Stillman is young but has sucked. I am interested to see what Florida is getting back, if it's anything more than a depth player it's bad for Chicago.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Wasn't Connolly waived recently?
Yeah, that's why I'm surprised at this. You would think Florida is sending a pick for Connolly's contract, or maybe that was the price for Chicago to take a flyer on Stillman. If Florida traded either of these for Zadorov or De Haan Chicago got fleeced, but I doubt it. Very interetsed to see the return.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I imagine its Murphy / De Haan or Zadorov coming back. FLA clearly in the need for an Ekblad Replacement (we know no one will actually replace him, but you know what I mean)

P.S. the names at the top of this post do not buy any of these guys, so they are clearly the throw in pieces, not the main piece
Wouldn’t FLA want a right shot D, so Murphy?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Can’t see them moving Zadorov for that return at all

It wont be just Connolly and Stillman.

Actually, I think this trade has the potential to be pretty large and significant. Connolly is an expensive cap dump IMO. 3.5M cap hit for another two years for a guy providing almost no value.

He's the kind of cap dump that might even cost a 1st to move.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a 1st + Fairly decent prospect going to Chicago here for a UFA like Janmark or maybe Zadorov going the other way.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Getting a pick to take on Brett Connolly is a good move for Chicago.

He can also be flipped later when he's about to hit UFA. So they should be able to cash in on him twice. You need turnover like that when you're trying to re-tool.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Wasn't Connolly waived recently?

Yes, very common for waived players to be dealt

yep, knee jerk response, here, is often "but he coulda been gotten for free..."

however, these considerations often also apply
- a guy who has cleared waivers can be assigned to taxi squad or AHL
- with flat cap, teams much prefer some salary going out when some new salary comes in ...

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad