Confirmed Trade: [CHI/EDM] Brandon Manning and Robin Norell for Drake Caggiula and Jason Garrison

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
As much as I'd like it. Seabs isnt getting benched. Unfortunately, I think Forsling is going to go back to Rockford.

Even though it's completely undeserving. Not playing Manning is one thing, but Seabs makes too much not to play him. He'll reunite with Gustafsson who he was playing with earlier in the year on a 3rd pair.

I agree their is no way Seabrook will ride the pine with his price tag. It's unfortunate that between him and Keith their is no realistic path for these kids to come up and play and build their skills.

Stan would do himself and the team a huge favor if between now and February he could find a taker for 1 or both of these guys without giving up their young defenseman.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This had to have been around this time of year last year. The Oilers were out of it while the Flyers got it together. I'm sure Hextall and Hakstol felt justified for not doing it.

If Morin hadn't been constantly hurt maybe he would have moved Manning. But I'm sure he didn't want to promote Myers or Friedman a year ago.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Morin hadn't been constantly hurt maybe he would have moved Manning. But I'm sure he didn't want to promote Myers or Friedman a year ago.
Well, as you know, Sanheim was being yo-yoed and instead of actually trying to coach him, they just sat him. I think it was clear, apart from the pre-season expectations, Hextall wasn't anticipating Morin being NHL ready and they managed to convince themselves he wasn't.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I get Hawks fans are happy, I just don’t see a dramatic winner or loser and don’t really care. It’s just pages of over the top reactions about marginal players. Chia’s made some bad moves but this one doesn’t really register on the radar.

Oilers need depth depth depth and Chia just keeps wasting valuable cap space on pure garbage.

He also traded for a guy his team hates.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don’t think they’re really going to hate him once he’s on the team, and I suspect these moves have their new coach’s hand on them as well. No one is saying anything about that, which is curious. Chia is undoubtably listening to Hitch to some extent. They’re on a bad stretch after their new coach has had some time to settle in. Got to be some connection there, they wouldn’t make the moves if the coach thinks the guys they got are useless.

I’m also not sure who you guys thought their cap space was going to be given to. They have nothing they can afford to trade that’s getting them a higher end player.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
What better way to make your superstar happy than to trade for the plug that purposely injured him and openly gloated about it?

f*** me, what an incredible disaster. They’re making the Sens and Stars locker rooms look like the 2012 Kings at this rate.

Reactions: Kallio and smitty10

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sort of unbelievable that Chiarelli had to go and target a player as marginal as Brandon Manning of all players given the McDavid history. It's almost as if he's so clueless and aware of so few NHLers he remembered the McDavid incident and thought "Manning is a defenseman!" And made the deal. So dumb. Why is he in hockey management.

Reactions: Morrison

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Brandon manning is right up there with AMac as the worst defensemen in hockey. Actually injured you’re generational talent player and you trade for him you can’t make this shit up. Idc who’s trying to downplay this, this is a spit in the face of mcdavid and a joke lol. There’s prolly some guys in this thread who could defend like Manning does.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Brandon manning is right up there with AMac as the worst defensemen in hockey. Actually injured you’re generational talent player and you trade for him you can’t make this **** up. Idc who’s trying to downplay this, this is a spit in the face of mcdavid and a joke lol. There’s prolly some guys in this thread who could defend like Manning does.

100% I have a guy on my senior team who’s a better d man and I’m not joking

Last edited:
Reactions: VoraceksWristShot

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
He’s already said he cleared it with Mcdavid. I’m not getting that angle of the complaints at all. It’s hockey. Grow some thicker skin.

I guess that'd be the first time a player and/or coach has lied about team info to the media, eh.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Because McDavid said Manning told him he did

Yeah, on the ice. People say awful shit all the time on the ice and for guys like Manning who are fringe lineup players and "character" guys, saying that awful shit is part of their job. Doesn't mean what he says is true.

I sincerely doubt he intentionally injured McDavid for a number of reasons, with that simple knowledge of hockey being one of them.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah, on the ice. People say awful **** all the time on the ice and for guys like Manning who are fringe lineup players and "character" guys, saying that awful **** is part of their job. Doesn't mean what he says is true.

I sincerely doubt he intentionally injured McDavid for a number of reasons, with that simple knowledge of hockey being one of them.

Yup, agreed. I'm just explaining to those who don't know where this notion came from.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Caggiula should finally get a chance wit the Hawks now that his visa issues have been cleared up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad