Confirmed Trade: [CHI/EDM] Brandon Manning and Robin Norell for Drake Caggiula and Jason Garrison

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I get Hawks fans are happy, I just don’t see a dramatic winner or loser and don’t really care. It’s just pages of over the top reactions about marginal players. Chia’s made some bad moves but this one doesn’t really register on the radar.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I get Hawks fans are happy, I just don’t see a dramatic winner or loser and don’t really care. It’s just pages of over the top reactions about marginal players. Chia’s made some bad moves but this one doesn’t really register on the radar.

They are all marginal players, although Cag may have some value.

The real difference is the cap space Chicago is saving. Manning was a scratch, so that a wasted $2.25M. Cag can actually play a bottom 6 role, so even at $1.5M his replacement would cost about $900,000. So, his net cost is only $600,000. So, Chicago effectively saves $1.625,000 on their cap on a net basis. That's not immaterial.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Theres no winner in this trade.

Loser would have to be Mcdavid for Chiarelli slapping him w disrespect to the face by having Manning on the team

Reactions: Tripod

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Chicago had 8 defenseman with manning, now they have 8 defenseman still with this move? Is Stan working on a deal to move either Keith or Seabrook?

Garrison was already sent down. Rutta was already burried.

When HJ comes back the pairing should look like this.

Keith-HJ
Gus-Murphy
Forsling-Dahlstrom
Seabrook (he is already getting the least minutes).

Reactions: joshprost99

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This has set Flyers fans off:

Not only did Chiarelli do this trade for a bad player, but he's been a target for very likely at least a calendar year.

Wonder what the asking price was that the Flyers were not willing to do. Whatever it was, most here would say they should've done it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Not only did Chiarelli do this trade for a bad player, but he's been a target for very likely at least a calendar year.

Wonder what the asking price was that the Flyers were not willing to do. Whatever it was, most here would say they should've done it.

There were quite a few teams targeting Manning. I believe Nashville was one of the others as well. I don’t get it.

Reactions: joshprost99

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There were quite a few teams targeting Manning. I believe Nashville was one of the others as well. I don’t get it.

Teams spend all of training camp and early-season stressing how players need to stick together and what not, and Manning, who sucks, was seen as a glue-guy in the room. One of the reasons why it takes until February to make a lot of trades is because teams don't want to break that up unless they have to. GMs in these days probably don't want to have to have that message on their team only to turn around and sending bodies out the door.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Teams spend all of training camp and early-season stressing how players need to stick together and what not, and Manning, who sucks, was seen as a glue-guy in the room. One of the reasons why it takes until February to make a lot of trades is because teams don't want to break that up unless they have to. GMs in these days probably don't want to have to have that message on their team only to turn around and sending bodies out the door.

I don’t disagree.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
4PkUiqs.jpg

FVRfGTm.gif

xtTM4of.jpg

L2bytl9.gif

These still kills me :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

@Captain Dave Poulin is a gift that keeps on giving :nod:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Garrison was already sent down. Rutta was already burried.

When HJ comes back the pairing should look like this.

Keith-HJ
Gus-Murphy
Forsling-Dahlstrom
Seabrook (he is already getting the least minutes).

Will colliton really bench seabrook? I'm ok with that scenario but is it realistic considering his pay and all?

If he or Keith were moved who in Rockford in your opinion would get the call up? Hillman?

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

I'm just glad Stan finally moved him without sacrificing any value in order to make that happen.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Will colliton really bench seabrook? I'm ok with that scenario but is it realistic considering his pay and all?

If he or Keith were moved who in Rockford in your opinion would get the call up? Hillman?

Seabrook is already playing the least amount of time.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

And as I said on the Flyers board, the worst is that on top of not trading his ass when he could have, we scratched Sanheim for 2 games, and Hagg for 4 in the playoffs.

Piss poor development.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And as I said on the Flyers board, the worst is that on top of not trading his ass when he could have, we scratched Sanheim for 2 games, and Hagg for 4 in the playoffs.

Piss poor development.
This had to have been around this time of year last year. The Oilers were out of it while the Flyers got it together. I'm sure Hextall and Hakstol felt justified for not doing it.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This had to have been around this time of year last year. The Oilers were out of it while the Flyers got it together. I'm sure Hextall and Hakstol felt justified for not doing it.
I am sure they did. But they were still wrong.

notheroic

Aug 2, 2005
Fort McMurray, AB
Seabrook is already playing the least amount of time.

As much as I'd like it. Seabs isnt getting benched. Unfortunately, I think Forsling is going to go back to Rockford.

Even though it's completely undeserving. Not playing Manning is one thing, but Seabs makes too much not to play him. He'll reunite with Gustafsson who he was playing with earlier in the year on a 3rd pair.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
As much as I'd like it. Seabs isnt getting benched. Unfortunately, I think Forsling is going to go back to Rockford.

Even though it's completely undeserving. Not playing Manning is one thing, but Seabs makes too much not to play him. He'll reunite with Gustafsson who he was playing with earlier in the year on a 3rd pair.

Seabrook is playing the least amount of minutes now so my hope is that JC is going to continue that trend. Forsling is better that Seabrook. I love everything that Seabrook did for the Hawks but he needs to go and is hurting the team more than helping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad