Confirmed Trade: [CHI/CGY] Erik Gustafsson for 2020 3rd round pick

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hopefully might help the powerplay. None of the defenseman this year have really been good on it.

Two LHD makes me think Giordano's injury is worse than initially thought.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
wow........ what a joke this trade was. but i guess it is better to get something instead of nothing.

thanks SB for your continue excellent work on screwing this team called the Bhawks.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Proposal: - Top pairing puck moving LHD to MTL

Can we just go back to last summer and re-do the offseason?

I swear Stan B. could have had a 1st round pick + a top prospect for Gustafsson if he pulled the trigger then. A 60pt d-man with an amazing contract... top contenders near to the cap would have thrown assets and pleasured male body parts to get to Gustafsson.

EDIT: language. Why is the filter not working?

Reactions: ColdSteel2 and LDF

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Hopefully might help the powerplay. None of the defenseman this year have really been good on it.

Two LHD makes me think Giordano's injury is worse than initially thought.

If anything this indicates Hamonic is out for possibly the remainder of the season.
The plan is to play Gustaffson on the right side in which he has plenty of experience playing next to Keith.

Gus will help our anemic PP, and play on the bottom pairing with Forbort.

Not a bad price to pay.

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
Can someone clue me in here? I don't follow western teams as much and this seems ridiculous that a d-man that just put up so many points is only going for a 3rd(even as a rental). Is he basically a forward?

Reactions: hn777

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Am I living in an alternate reality, or did Gustafsson score 60pts on D last year as a 26yr old - and then just got traded for a 3rd round pick???

As someone who knows next to nothing about him other than he was a dman for Chicago, please someone tell me what gives??? How did his value plummet so hard??

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
H
Am I living in an alternate reality, or did Gustafsson score 60pts on D last year as a 26yr old - and then just got traded for a 3rd round pick???

As someone who knows next to nothing about him other than he was a dman for Chicago, please someone tell me what gives??? How did his value plummet so hard??
Basically he sucks at defense and Stan overplayed his hand.

Reactions: Steeler23 and hn777

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

He's abysmal defensively. Though I'm still surprised he didn't land a 2nd.

Reactions: hn777

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
He's not a problem but he wont fix a bad powerplay.

If he can walk the line and get a few point shots through he'd be a marked improvement over Hanifin, Giordano, and Andersson in that role. It feels as if we don't have a single point shot goal or deflection on the PP this year. Which is crazy because Tkachuk and Lindholm are both great at deflections.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If he can walk the line and get a few point shots through he'd be a marked improvement over Hanifin, Giordano, and Andersson in that role. It feels as if we don't have a single point shot goal or deflection on the PP this year. Which is crazy because Tkachuk and Lindholm are both great at deflections.

Gus can get his shot through. Interested to see if he takes off in Calgary.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010

im in the same boat. I'm actually an Oilers fan and we drafted him, then randomly he was on Chicagos roster. Then last year he rattles off 60! points which is insane for a defenseman. a 3rd seems like pretty low value for someone so offensively gifted. Is he just a disaster defensively or something?

Even then, 60 pts from the back end is nothing to sneeze at

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He hasn’t been good offensively or defensively this year. Last year was a one hit wonder. Won’t ever happen again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad