Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Blackhawks extend Alex DeBrincat (3 years, $6.4M AAV) (Mod warning OP)

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He is worth it as long as Kane is healthy. Found some chemistry there.

I take it you don't watch Chicago much because they rarely play together. They've tried it and it doesn't work for some reason. DeBrincat and Strome play together and the third piece has been a rotating cast of depth guys...DeBrincat drives his own production. He put up 28 goals as a rookie playing 14 min a game with 4th line trash.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I take it you don't watch Chicago much because they rarely play together. They've tried it and it doesn't work for some reason. DeBrincat and Strome play together and the third piece has been a rotating cast of depth guys...DeBrincat drives his own production. He put up 28 goals as a rookie playing 14 min a game with 4th line trash.

I meant chemistry because they can both be on different lines as high end players.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I meant chemistry because they can both be on different lines as high end players.

They do seem to be friends off the ice. Kane invited DeBrincat and Strome to train with him all summer in Chicago, which they did

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I believe that rule only applies to declines in pay. Doesn't cover increases

Ah yes you're right. On non front loaded contracts the CBA states:

A year-to-year increase cannot be greater than the lower salary of the first two years of the contract.
A year-to-year decrease cannot be greater than 50% of the lower salary of the first two years of the contract.

So Timo Meier's contract for example ($4M, $4M, $6M, $10M) is on the limit of this rule.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
These guys really need better agents, it's amazing how many young players are getting totaly ripped off.
They got bridge deals taking them to around 25/26. Up to them at that point when it comes down to signing away UFA years, to really put the hammer down and get 8 figures, if that is what they believe that they are worth. When they have the leverage when the next negotiations comes around, use it.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Ah yes you're right. On non front loaded contracts the CBA states:

A year-to-year increase cannot be greater than the lower salary of the first two years of the contract.
A year-to-year decrease cannot be greater than 50% of the lower salary of the first two years of the contract.

So Timo Meier's contract for example ($4M, $4M, $6M, $10M) is on the limit of this rule.
And Matthews' contract is a master class piece in how to front-load a contract to the max, including paying the minimum base salary for every year and the rest in signing bonuses.

Goes to show that the teams (and players) are willing go right to the extremes they are allowed to go. Wouldn't be surprised if, come the next CBA negotiations, the teams would ask to tighten the multi-year salary rules a bit to protect themselves from outrageous first year signing bonus and QO asks (so they can go behind the rules when RFAs come asking for money).

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Crazy. Some of those he looks like he's just shoveling towards the net cause the pucks not really in a shooting position and somehow they're top corner rockets?

He might be 5 foot 7 and 160-165 pounds, but i think he has strength/muscles in the right places and the quickness of the release,
is sublime, mixed that with crazy high hockey IQ, what comes up in so many different way. In scoring goals, ability to read goalies position,
ergo; when to take the shot and when not. - the right timing -

I have also paid a attention to a small detail, he almost never watches the puck when he shoots it (no matter what kind of a shot),
but rather looks at where he is aiming the puck and at the goalie obviously
1) looks at the goalie how he is positioned, 2) takes aim, 3) fires - always head up -

Shooting the puck is like second nature him, he doesn't need to know where the puck is, he needs to know where the goalie is.

Caldercanucks

Sep 12, 2019
This is the draft pick we gave up to trade for Gudbranson.

le sigh
Arty is that you? So a pick that is sent to Florida, Guddy and makes it's way to the Hawks, makes it somehow mean that we lost out on Cat? Because for sure Benning would have taken him right? Benning traded a 2nd, who that pick is or were it ends up has zero to do with Benning.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I thought he played with Strome and Shaw?
Haller's a troll. He says shit like this just to get a rise out of people. He made another comment today, in a thread about Gustafsson, that the Hawks will wind up trading Boqvist for a 3rd line veteran.

I'm shocked he's still able to post here considering he's been making these types of comments for a long ass time now.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
One of the most accurate shooters in the league (17.2% career), good passer as well. He’ll score 50 a few times IMO.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad