Checkers IV: Insert Witty Title Here

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Lost 3 of the last 4 but still sitting at #1 in the league...next 2 games against #10 Scranton, then 2x against #19 Laval, & 2x against #24 Belleville so hopefully that position won't change for a bit

They play an insane amount of away games to start the season, after December, I think only 14 away games.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Wasn't pretty. I wonder if the ice was poor. Neither team looked fast or in control of the puck. Ned played well. Maenalanen looks like he might be the next call-up. Other than that the highlights were good short-side shots for both goals (Kuokkanen and Poturalski).
Mekalekahi looked good in preseason, he’d be a good callup for the fourth line.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
it seemed like i recall it being mentioned at the time of his demotion that RBA was disappointed with his level of conditioning. does anyone remember what was up with that?
I never heard that, he was coming back from Europe wasn’t he? Maybe just didn’t understand what he was walking into with Rod the bod.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Have AHL-TV, so watched a good bit of the game. Obviously a lot of back-and-forth. Some observations:
Necas is looking like he thinks he can control games and is keeping the puck on his stick more.
Gauthier is doing much the same. Last night was the first time I've seen Gauthier skate around with the puck. He did it several times and twice made passes that led to high-danger chances.
Saarela was having a game where it appeared he was "feeling it." In addition to the two goals he was making the defense and goalie's lives hard all night.
The other skater who stood out some was Lorentz. For a big player he moves well--more cutting than straight line speed. He also made several nice plays in the defensive zone.

Goalies: Ned actually started sharp but lost the game as the Checkers played sloppy in front of him. Booth made two amazing saves. Though he tends to move around, which some games is going to work less well.

Even down 4-1 the Checkers appeared to be the better team. They don't get the defeated look that other teams (maybe the one in Raleigh) often get playing from behind. Though I am skeptical that the success in Charlotte will translate as it hasn't really for any of the call-ups so far.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
It's time to reward Kuokkanen for his strong start. Even if he were to struggle, it would be better than watching Martinook do nothing with his Top 9 minutes.
Williams, I think you meant to say Williams.

Martinook is slotted too high, but he’d be excellent on the fourth line. Other than making up infrequent celebrations, I can’t think of where I’d want Williams in the lineup.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Have AHL-TV, so watched a good bit of the game. Obviously a lot of back-and-forth. Some observations:
Necas is looking like he thinks he can control games and is keeping the puck on his stick more.
Gauthier is doing much the same. Last night was the first time I've seen Gauthier skate around with the puck. He did it several times and twice made passes that led to high-danger chances.
Saarela was having a game where it appeared he was "feeling it." In addition to the two goals he was making the defense and goalie's lives hard all night.
The other skater who stood out some was Lorentz. For a big player he moves well--more cutting than straight line speed. He also made several nice plays in the defensive zone.

Goalies: Ned actually started sharp but lost the game as the Checkers played sloppy in front of him. Booth made two amazing saves. Though he tends to move around, which some games is going to work less well.

Even down 4-1 the Checkers appeared to be the better team. They don't get the defeated look that other teams (maybe the one in Raleigh) often get playing from behind. Though I am skeptical that the success in Charlotte will translate as it hasn't really for any of the call-ups so far.

Any prospect in Charlotte getting eyed up by the Canes has got to feel like a new recruit getting marched off to the Somme.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Any prospect in Charlotte getting eyed up by the Canes has got to feel like a new recruit getting marched off to the Somme.
base_profile_screenshot_2018.04.24_-_21.50.05.40.png

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I don't know what that is tbh.
It's a very fun 90's game called Cannon Fodder. As the game progresses, there will be more and more headstones on that hill to greet the line of new recruits.

If there becomes a situation where you can't afford being honest, you can right-click the pic and select "search the image on Google" and you might get lucky to find the answer where the picture in question is from.

... or some other wholly unrelated crap, but you can just post that then and get right back at them.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
It's a very fun 90's game called Cannon Fodder. As the game progresses, there will be more and more headstones on that hill to greet the line of new recruits.

If there becomes a situation where you can't afford being honest, you can right-click the pic and select "search the image on Google" and you might get lucky to find the answer where the picture in question is from.

... or some other wholly unrelated crap, but you can just post that then and get right back at them.

Yeah, I know that but my browser wasn't having any of it so I lazied my way out and asked you instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00