GDT: Charlotte Hornets and other NBA talk

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Brandon Ingram:
Duke and Kinston, North Carolina HS grad is an upcoming star in the NBA.
At 21 years old he averaged 18.3 pts/game playing with Lebron.
Excellent trade by the Pelicans.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
It will be interesting to see how the Pelicans handle this.

They could take Zion and Hunter and sign two big UFAs and be set for a while

They could take Zion, trade the 4th to Atlanta for 8 & 10 and take Reddish & Kapengele / Hachimura. Sign two big UFAs to take pressure off all the youth and be set for a while.

They could trade the 4th pick for a legit player, sign a top flight UFA and be good for a long time.

Or they go young and try to “process” this.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

This could end up being a bigger fiasco than the Garnett/Pierce to Nets trade. LeBrons contract runs out after the 2021-22 season and he could opt out one season before.

Reactions: Roboturner913

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I would be surprised for the trade to be that bad. Davis is in his prime now and Pierce/Garnett were already in their late 30s when the Nets acquired them.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I feel like Kemba should sign with LAL. I'm wandering the desert in a fugue state about the Hornets. the contract anchors around their neck are brutal, and that's before a $200+M Kemba Walker contract. they desperately need an injection of life from some sort of divine miracle or something.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Kemba would be wise to sign elsewhere. The Hornets front office did very little to help him and instead gave out ridiculous contracts to under-deserving players and stood pat at the trade deadline every year.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Harrison Barnes turned down $25 million to stay with the up and coming Sacramento Kings

33 year old Al Horford turned down $30 million to stay with the Boston Celtics.

:laugh: at NBA salary structure

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Hornets will be a complete dumpster fire without Kemba. Michael Jordan sucks.

He is a shitty owner who still lives off his playing days because there are a shit ton of Jordan fanboys who will forever kiss his ass no matter what. As long as his $100 sneakers fly off the shelves and as long as the media keeps crowning him the greatest ever, well then that's all that matters.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I mean, the free agents should just come out collectively and say "none of us will ever sign with you until ****bag James Dolan sells the team."

Pretty much. But don't tell ESPN that, in their minds they are convinced that everyone wants to play with the Knicks no matter what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad