GDT: Charlotte Hornets and other NBA talk

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Miller’s skill set is like a Jayson Tatum which this team could really use and would fit extremely well with Melo. Don’t get me wrong, not saying Miller will be that good but that’s the type of game he plays and his upside for sure.

Scoot is an absolute stud franchise caliber guard, like a Derrick Rose and has a much higher floor than Miller in my opinion.

The only reason this is a question at all is fit with LaMelo already here, otherwise Scoot is the no brainer and he’d be a consensus #1 overall pick in most drafts without a Wemby type player there.

Personally I’m ok with either, just glad we got a top 3 pick as the prospects fall off considerably after the top 3 so either way we’re getting an incredible prospect.

I do worry about Scoot’s fit to a degree but I lean towards taking the better player. In the NBA you really just need talent, worry about fits later, and if Scoot is the real deal (and he likely is) if the fit isn’t working out he or Melo can be traded for a big time asset/player at forward or wing.

Miller besides having a lower floor also has the character/legal issues that Scoot doesn’t have and with the Miles Bridges situation not sure you want to add more of that here… But I’d still be extremely excited about what he could do here if we take him. As mentioned above though, it’s the Hornets and any of us who are fans of them are dumbasses as we keep rooting for them despite knowing they will f*** everything up.

Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I just feel Scoot is the better prospect even with Miller's character concerns. You don't pass up a talent like him because you have LaMelo already. Well you do if you're Michael Jordan.

Reactions: HisIceness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad