6/40.5 M

If he wants Spurgeon deal I’m not doing

6.75 NMC is a great deal

I hope they offer it to him

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Man hard to believe Sweeney and Chiarelli both went to Harvard. Does Harvard have a community college annex?

GREAT deal for the Sweenius. 600k less than I thought.

Great deal for both sides.

If McAvoys camp signed a similar deal to Provorov's deal, in two years from now, it would be mention in the same breath as the Marchand and Pasta deals that Sweeney did and it would look like another highway robbery signing for Sweeney.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I hope this contract is factored into fans' opinions when he signs his next one.

This is a LOW LOW cap hit for three years for our top defenceman. Phenomenal work to get this signed and kudos to both camps are well-deserved.

Assuming McAvoy continues to perform, his next deal is going to correct this one... And I for one, am totally okay with that.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Bridge deal my not have been the #1 choice, but a bridge at that price is a steal. Good job Sweeney, he at least seems very good at negotiating RFA contracts.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Good deal for this team, although I believe in his talent I want him to play a full season. I hope he can stay healthy the next three years and end up on a 11/12 million dollar deal.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
So Carlo likely incoming

I want them to lock up Krug

6/40.5 M

If he wants Spurgeon deal I’m not doing

6.75 NMC is a great deal

I hope they offer it to him

if they sign krug, my assumption would be that gryz is gone eventually. with seattle
expansion draft, b's can only keep 3 D (unless they go the 8 skater route, which seems
pretty unlikely). i believe vaakanainen is exempt for that.

Reactions: Strafer

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Bridge deal my not have been the #1 choice, but a bridge at that price is a steal. Good job Sweeney, he at least seems very good at negotiating RFA contracts.
May have not been ideal, but it also may be entirely ideal. I warmed up to this idea after Bill Playmakers suggested it earlier this off-season. Puts McAvoy as an RFA at 24 years old, which means eight-year deal will only take him into his early 30s. Prime dollars to the player in his prime.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad