Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I just wanted to say that as much as everyone rightfully hated Josh Anderson for all the big runs and hits that he made on the Bruins you have to give the guy ton of credit because in the line up there he was half smiling with McAvoy and saying "you got me good". It only makes sense to hate a guy like that in the series but we would all love him on the Bruins.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Classy move by Josh Anderson in the line up with Charlie McAvoy.
I would take Anderson on the Bruins anyday.
CBC and Sportsnet are so bias against the Bruins it's not even funny.

Reactions: DKH

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I just wanted to say that as much as everyone rightfully hated Josh Anderson for all the big runs and hits that he made on the Bruins you have to give the guy ton of credit because in the line up there he was half smiling with McAvoy and saying "you got me good". It only makes sense to hate a guy like that in the series but we would all love him on the Bruins.

count me out of that group.

Anderson looks way too much like Florida Jimmy Hayes out there...and Boston Jimmy Hayes in the playoffs 1-2-3 in 10 with a -5

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I’d be stunned if so

Shocked
Chagrined
Mortified
Stupefied

Talked or texted with a handful of my hockey loving/playing/coaching/refereeing buds not one thinks he gets any games

Well I only get the nbc telecasts on weekends so I was stuck watching cbc. On cbc it was 5/0 he will get suspended . Was there anyone on nbc who said he wouldn't . I don't care for most these guys but they aren't all bias . just for the record they were also 6/0 that the Mathews goal against Boston should've been disallowed . I find it hard to believe they will all be wrong . Can anyone give me anyone on either broadcast that says no suspension.

Me personally I don't see any intent and some body contact but when I see suspensions like doughty I kind of expect one .

Last edited:

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
McAvoy should get a game suspension. Shoulder hit to the head. Upward motion. And he jumped into the hit, both his skates were off the ice for a moment. Being objective here, since I hated Anderson this series.

The mitigating circumstances IMO are that McAvoy isn’t a repeat offender. Don’t think he was going for his head. Anderson was fine after the hit. And this is the playoffs where hits like the elbow to Backes chin didn’t require further discipline.

Cross my fingers and hope he’ll get a stern talking to.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia

and the media succeeds

First time "offender", Anderson not injured in the slightest, elbow tucked, got probably 80% chest.

Amazing, but nothing on Kukan smashing his elbow in to Backes' jaw.

What annoys me most is that most head hits that get suspended are because the player who gets hit doesn't materially change the position of his head at any point. Anderson completely changes his head position by lowering it a lot and looking at the ice.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
First time "offender", Anderson not injured in the slightest, elbow tucked, got probably 80% chest.

Completely media driven. He didn't launch himself but he did "move his body in an upward trajectory" so that's probably while they'll give him a game... joke that Kukan didn't get anything though.

Reactions: Emerz

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
CBC and TSN anti bruin propaganda tried to make Charlie seem like Matt Cooke . Disgraceful coverage from a panel of jealous losers who know little about hockey. Unfollowing their propaganda today

Reactions: Emerz

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Guys come on. He got him straight in the jaw. Left the ice. I don't think he intended to hit him there but he did. If that was on any of our players we would be pissed. Gotta cut this shit out of league - we don't need any more walking vegetables.

Fortunately Charlie isn't a repeat offender, Anderson is fine and it didn't seem intentional. It'll probably just be one game. But he deserves a game. NHL Player Safety's questionable decisions in the past don't excuse him.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Either
5k Fine
Or
1 game suspension

I’m hoping since 1 game in the playoffs= 2 game in the regular season

That he just gets a fine

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Was hoping there would be no hearing since he only got two. Will get a game like Thornton did I guess. I'm just thankful he didn't get 5 minutes last night, it could have turned that whole series around.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
it's all about intent. the head shot was accidental, altering a playoff series for an accidental hit? Im glad we are facing Carolina bc there won't be as much lobbying by the suspension happy pundits

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
pretty good chance he gets a game IMO. And I get it.

I’m trying to look at all of these plays objectively. People always come up with examples from the past that they think favor their situation to justify more or less games. Looking at this on its own, it seems justified that he gets a game.

I really don’t like it, but the awesome truth is...we have the defensive depth to survive it for a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad