Recalled/Assigned: Charlie Coyle (sent down on Feb 14)

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
Good call Talon...he looked a lot like the guys on the team now, had some nice chances, some very good play, some invisibility, wasn't finishing. No harm in having him rip up the AHL for a while.

Yeah. And he'll get more practice time and individual attention in Houston than he got here.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
So does Zucker or Larsson get called up now?

Possibly, they will definitely need to call up someone to be an extra forward body within the next day or two. Baring any injuries in the top 6 tonight, in my opinion its more likely to be Dowell, Veileux or bringing Kassian back up to be that 13th forward/press boxer.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I dont care that they sent coyle down. because he will be back, so I am not worried. I think they should give zucker a chance though this year since he is the best player in houston

THEALLKNOWING*

Playing on the top-line in the NHL vs playing in the AHL. Hmm, seems to me he would develop more up here. Of course, from a coaching perspective, might learn more from Torch than Yeo.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Coyle showed he can play in this league right now, as a 3rd liner. But he can't finish like a top-6 player needs to. He had 4-5 chances I would've expected Antti Miettinen to bury on that line, and he couldn't bury one. Considering he's a first year pro and we've got depth players there was no point in keeping him up here. Have him in a scoring role where he can work on getting his hands and head a little quicker so he can finish those plays. He's not that far off.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
Coyle showed he can play in this league right now, as a 3rd liner. But he can't finish like a top-6 player needs to. He had 4-5 chances I would've expected Antti Miettinen to bury on that line, and he couldn't bury one. Considering he's a first year pro and we've got depth players there was no point in keeping him up here. Have him in a scoring role where he can work on getting his hands and head a little quicker so he can finish those plays. He's not that far off.

This. I liked what we saw but I think he can find another level in Houston. Give the kid some time to develop and learn.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Playing on the top-line in the NHL vs playing in the AHL. Hmm, seems to me he would develop more up here. Of course, from a coaching perspective, might learn more from Torch than Yeo.

Posts like this belie your forum name. I take it it was facetious?

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota

Right on..finding his game to be like that of Chris Kreider's in New York(recently sent down to Connecticut) Physical tools are all there just can't quite put it together yet..

Coyle will be a very solid top 6 power forward in this league. Let him finish out the year in Houston and learn to produce consistently in the pro's then bring him up when Bouchard/Cullen are out of town.

10dynasty38*

I want to buy Talon a box of Kleenex cause I know how much he loved Coyle. So be it maybe next year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I want to buy Talon a box of Kleenex cause I know how much he loved Coyle. So be it maybe next year.

You obviously don't know me very well. My favorite prospect after Granlund and Brodin is BY FAR and AWAY Larsson!

Hell, after Larsson, I like Dumba... then finally comes Coyle before Zucker and Lucia.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Imagine this... We have Granlund and Brodin in NHL already. Coyle, Zucker, Larsson, Phillips, Fontaine and Bulmer in the AHL, already learning from the pros. And then, we have Haula in college, soon ready to turn pro. Lucia, Dumba, Bussieres etc in the juniors or HS and finally, Gunnarsson in the SEL, playing against men and stats-wise, looking good in progress.

On the goaltending department, we have Hackett and Kuemper, who already made their NHL debuts and looked good, and Gustafsson, again playing vs men in Sweden.

Future is looking good. Now, I'm not assuming all of them become NHL players or anything, but with this prospect depth, a couple of busts wont hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad