Recalled/Assigned: Charlie Coyle (sent down on Feb 14)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Even better.

Remember the Coyle/Granlund duo in HOU at the start of the season?

I think Yeo would be concerned about 2 rookies on the same line for defensive reasons... just a thought. Not saying it won't happen. Maybe Heatley lines up with them and Setoguchi jumps up a line, or Seto goes down to the 3rd and Butch jumps to the top... not sure.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I think Yeo would be concerned about 2 rookies on the same line for defensive reasons... just a thought. Not saying it won't happen. Maybe Heatley lines up with them and Setoguchi jumps up a line, or Seto goes down to the 3rd and Butch jumps to the top... not sure.

I agree. While it's probably not likely they split up the top line but I think Coyle's game is best suited along side Koivu. Strengths are the cycle and around the net.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I agree. While it's probably not likely they split up the top line but I think Coyle's game is best suited along side Koivu. Strengths are the cycle and around the net.

Russo predicted in his blog that it is broken up actually. He says he thinks 4 completely new lines Monday.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Crazy lineup:

Parise- Koivu - Bouchard
Heatley - Brodziak - Seto
Coyle - Granlund - Mitchell
Powe - Konopka - Clutterbuck

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I like the lines I listed in the other thread...

Coyle-Koivu-Bouchard
Parise-Granlund-Heatley
Setoguchi-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Powe-Konopka-Mitchell

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Good for Coyle.

Can't wait to see the knee-jerk reactions after one game. :laugh:

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Butch-Granlund-Heatley
Clutter-Brodz-Seto

Don't think that'd work well at all.

Granlund and Heater on the same line? I have a hard time imagining that. Too slow.

I know Yeo doesn't do things the Jacques way, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Coyle on the third line to at least start out.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Don't think that'd work well at all.

Granlund and Heater on the same line? I have a hard time imagining that. Too slow.

I know Yeo doesn't do things the Jacques way, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Coyle on the third line to at least start out.

I doubt Coyle comes in and plays on the 3rd line. He'll either be rejoined with Granlund on the 2nd line, or he'll be on Koivu's line. I think if the Wild intended for whomever they called up to play on the 3rd line, they'd have called up Larsson (though I think he has more offensive upside than many around here give him credit for).

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
If they're recalling Coyle but planning on Cullen playing the call-up is obviously to shake up the lines. Putting Coyle on the 3rd line really doesn't do that.

J22*

The fact that they called up a RW makes me think that Heater will now be the 2nd line LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad