Waived: Charles Hudon & Charlie Lindgren Clear Waivers (Assigned to Laval)

Will either player be claimed?

• Total voters

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What happens now in Laval with Lindgren, mcniven, and Primeau.
Someone’s probably going to the ECHL or a trade will have to be worked out. Primeau is the only one safe and should be the #1 in the AHL.

Lindgren doesn’t have a spot here anymore.

Dongstoppable

Oct 12, 2017
Someone’s probably going to the ECHL or a trade will have to be worked out. Primeau is the only one safe and should be the #1 in the AHL.

Lindgren doesn’t have a spot here anymore.

Would make sense to have McNiven starting in the ECHL, Primeau starting in Laval with Lindgren backing him up. Primeau definitely isn't used to a pro starter schedule and he'll almost certainly struggle at times, so it's good to have a reliable backup who can take the starters load for a while.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
i would claim sprong (send down poehling and fleury) and see what he can do with drouin and kotkaniemi.

I doubt this happens though since we would probably prefer having poehling in the lineup than sprong.

We also just sent down hudon whos in a similar boat as sprong

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
i would claim sprong (send down poehling and fleury) and see what he can do with drouin and kotkaniemi.

I doubt this happens though since we would probably prefer having poehling in the lineup than sprong.

If the Habs are going for "youth" this year, get HoSang....he had a good camp with Isles....
Let's take the gamble, be worth it .

I doubt Sprong or Hosang will be there for Habs...they get scooped by other teams.."fingers crossed" tho :0

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’ve seen trade proposals with Habs fans including Hudon and Lindgren.

That’s just the point. A lot of players fans used to posture on the rumors forum are showing up on the wire.

The new narrative is going to be how they’re worthless when no one claims them.

And on to a new batch of fringe players to dangle.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Wasn't there a gentleman's agreement among GMs to not claim anybody off waivers when Blue Jackets grabbed Beauchemin due to lockout?

I can assure you this "Gentlemen's Agreement" was not something that was ever agreed upon by the actual GMs and it would have been collusion that would have kept members of the NHLPA from NHL jobs and would have been a disaster.

I remember hearing about it on message boards at the time that he was claimed, but at that time I was working in the hockey media and I promise you, it was never an actual thing.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
If the Habs are going for "youth" this year, get HoSang....he had a good camp with Isles....
Let's take the gamble, be worth it .

I doubt Sprong or Hosang will be there for Habs...they get scooped by other teams.."fingers crossed" tho :0
Id definitely take a chance on ho-sang doubt MB does with his character issues though

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
That seems like a lot of teams i thought today was the last day for waivers before teams had to be compliant?

yup, CapFriendly has yet to update today transactions....

Here's a full list of players booted to the curb today,get's those teams compliant...

Last edited:
Reactions: habsfan891

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal

He’s actually an intriguing option. He’s the type of shooter we could use, especially on the power play. He had 14 goals in 47 games last season. If he can put up 15+ over a full season that would be some good depth.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
No surprise both Hudon and Lindgren cleared. Two-thirds of the poll thought they would. Hudon will be a good asset for Laval.

Too bad about Greer, but it was wishful thinking. Habs have depth at forward. It looks like they want 8D too.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
I've seen Sprong play quite a bit. He's certainly talented and I thought he was going to have a 20 goal season for the offensively challenged ducks. What happened there?

The last time the Habs played the Ducks last year, he was very good. He's better than Cousins. Might be worth taking a small gamble on 20-25 goal potential.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Late vote given that they already cleared but I believe both will clear, every team has someone in their system that is of similar caliber or better.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I've seen Sprong play quite a bit. He's certainly talented and I thought he was going to have a 20 goal season for the offensively challenged ducks. What happened there?

The last time the Habs played the Ducks last year, he was very good. He's better than Cousins. Might be worth taking a small gamble on 20-25 goal potential.
Is his cwazy father still around the team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad