Waived: Charles Hudon & Charlie Lindgren Clear Waivers (Assigned to Laval)

Will either player be claimed?

• Total voters

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
I rather have someone like Hudon that gives 100% every shift and willing to eat the boards over Drouin any day.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
I'm good with Hudon in Laval, if he works hard, he should be burning the league with a very good salary, which will help him get a gig in Europe next year or a call-back if needed this season and if he performs then, maybe someone would pick him up if he gets back on waivers.

The guy is a family man and wanted to play for the Habs so bad, for a quebecer with a family, Laval is the next best option outside of MTL...

On mid term, it's a win win situation for the guy.

Reactions: Rapala and MXD

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I thought someone would pick Lindgren he's had some good showings.

But this is where we could see both of them gets traded.
Taking a player on waivers means he's on the official club for at least a month, not they are AHL players so a team might be more willing to take a flyer on them and put them on their farm club for depth.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
If we didn't put anyone on waivers today, it mean that Poehling or Fleury are going to the AHL unless a trade happen.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Both cleared

A good reality check who wasn't happy about his usage last year, that we didn't use him much in our top 12.

Now he sees nobody in the NHL even wants him as a 13th or 14th forward.

He made good progress by losing weight. He needs to continue to improve his speed and his 200 foot game.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
guys,

Hudon is another Daniel Carr...another Sherback...another Sven Andrighetto....Mike Condon..the list goes on...

When Montreal waives you, your NHL career is pretty much done(that's a fact)...We seen it so many times....

Same could be said with lots of trades... Like MB or not, he managed to get additional (late) picks for lots of useless players.

Subban/Sergachev/Galchenyuk are the only NHL players I can think off that we traded, but they were all 1 to 1 "hockey trades". The debate is up with Shaw but I believe the picks will be more useful to use than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad