Waived: Charles Hudon & Charlie Lindgren Clear Waivers (Assigned to Laval)

Will either player be claimed?

• Total voters

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I believe this is the current list of waived candidates who are subject to a claim tomorrow:

I find it hard to believe Greer won't get claimed. 6'3, 210. 22 years old. Had 44 pts, 19g in 54 games in AHL last year.

Habs should put a claim in and take a look at the kid. We could use some size.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
I find it hard to believe Greer won't get claimed. 6'3, 210. 22 years old. Had 44 pts, 19g in 54 games in AHL last year.

From Quebec too. So you know that means "un gars chez nous"

Reactions: Rapala

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
From Quebec too. So you know that means "un gars chez nous"

I had no idea he was from Quebec, but checked, yeah, Joliette. I can't see him clearing waivers, or dropping to us. I mean DLR got claimed real early last year. Still, hope Habs put a claim in.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Montreal waived Francois Beauchemin and he went on to play 14 more seasons after that.

Montreal waived Ron Hainsey and he went on to play 15 more seasons after that.

long ago and far away......

I remember both of those events well...but im talking in recent times....nobody i can remember who we let go(been a ton) that turned in anything we regretted...

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
For those saying Ottawa could get Hudon, I just realised Martel is also on waivers. I think he has more potential than Hudon. And Greer, too. 3 french kids. How funny

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If you claim Greer who do you send down?

I'd personally waive Reilly. I don't think he gets claimed since he's on a one way @ $1,5m for the next 2 years. He's really fallen off after a great start last year. Maybe he can refocus in the AHL.

14 forwards, 7D.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Suzuki
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Weal
Byron - Thompson - Armia
Cousins, Greer

You rotate Thompson, Cousins, Greer. Move Weal to 4th line center when Greer plays and promote Byron to Weal's spot with KK.

I think Poehling should start in Laval.

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Fleury

Should be our regular starting 6 with Folin as the 7th D who plays in case of injuries. If Fleury falters, he goes back to Laval and Reilly gets recalled.

I've said it often: I don't think Reilly gets claimed. Folin probably does because he's a RHD, cheap and on a 1 year deal.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I don’t think he will get claim but I would trade for him after so he can play in Laval with Bouchard this year. I really wanted to draft him in 2015 and I still think he can be a NHLer

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't see a reason why Fleury should be up. He had a good camp but it's more that there aren't that great alternatives vs him blowing everyone away IMO.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Montreal waived Francois Beauchemin and he went on to play 14 more seasons after that.

Montreal waived Ron Hainsey and he went on to play 15 more seasons after that.
Wasn't there a gentleman's agreement among GMs to not claim anybody off waivers when Blue Jackets grabbed Beauchemin due to lockout?

Reactions: Pierre Dagenais

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Also:

So we'll see how hits the wire today around the league.

1552756409161.jpg

Reactions: Tuggy

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
long ago and far away......

I remember both of those events well...but im talking in recent times....nobody i can remember who we let go(been a ton) that turned in anything we regretted...

Yes, this is true. Bergevin has not let anyone of decent ( or NHL quality at all ?) NHL quality get away on waivers.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Definitely seems like a decent amount of untapped potential with Ho-Sang. Maybe someone like the Oilers take a chance.

Maybe MB gives a look but I could see him claimed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad