Chara Sucker Punches Tavares in the scrum

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
NHL really is an untrustworthy joke
National Hockey Entertainment learning the more subtle way the National Basketball Entertainment does it
When busy doing hot takes on the Leafs loss and the dinosaurs trying to dance on the grave of analytics remember biased pro US tv network officiating played a part in the Leafs choke
Game 2 was a total farce and not at all somewhat subtle like the NBA and proof the NHL is learning from the TV broadcast partner friendly NBA how to fix games. Leafs nation is right to be in a snit

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
National Hockey Entertainment learning the more subtle way the National Basketball Entertainment does it
When busy doing hot takes on the Leafs loss and the dinosaurs trying to dance on the grave of analytics remember biased pro US tv network officiating played a part in the Leafs choke
Game 2 was a total farce and not at all somewhat subtle like the NBA and proof the NHL is learning from the TV broadcast partner friendly NBA how to fix games. Leafs nation is right to be in a snit

You never hear of officials being reprimanded. That was a special display.

Reactions: AreBe

PemIceKing

Dec 23, 2011
I'm looking forward to Columbus laying a beating on Boston as well as John Tortorella crying to the high heavens about the Boston Bruins.

I can’t wait for Columbus to smash some heads. I am sure Anderson and company will be crushing some Bruins. Leafs hit but Columbus is going to demolish these clowns.

Reactions: Kurtz

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins are a dirt team who commit a penalty on every shift. The refs have to let them get away with it or else how can you have a game where one team is in the box the entire time?
I call it the "Green Bay Packers" strategy. Why? Because no one in the big 4 sports is as good at it as the Packers; their O-linemen held on EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. They did it because they knew the refs wouldn't call it every time.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
You never hear of officials being reprimanded. That was a special display.
Madison Avenue called and said, "We said fix the game, not blow its integrity!"

To recap and still trying to make it rhyme for my own entertainment exclusively, The NBA were boy scouts and that took them to death's door, then (1) star system came in, and the star is what the team builds their marketing around and the rules do not apply to the star, (2) TV money comes in, and Boston , and not New York, is the Northeast team, and LA Lakers are "showtime" and ratings go through roof, and the NBA starts making sure that at least 1 team in the finals , at least 1, is from a top 10 market,the NBA frees itself from the gate revenue and embraces guaranteed and problem solving TV revenue and the NBE is born. Would really, really, as a zero ratings Raptors fan want to be wrong, as for the Raptors it means doomsday

But, but, there needs to still be some fairness. Some professional, NBA/E subtlety in the cooking of the results. The Raptors start each game down 10 and then must keep a 10 point lead 1/2 way through the 4th and they are more or less ok, but that is 20 points gifted to the other team or denied the Raptors (denial of +1, phantom calls against, getting a Raptors starter in unjustified foul trouble early, get the other team to the bonus early) What happened in game 2 was plain to see , and offensive to those who want the fix in the first place, unsubtle stupidity!

And now it is in the NHL/E. It's here. No Canadian Stanley Cup winner in forever. 1/3rd or so of the league 100% shut out- that is as odd as but for a small handful of teams, nearly all NBA finalists are from 1/3 of the NBA, the largest cities - not saying there aren't exceptions, but the freaky weird predominance of top 10 markets in the NBA finals and no Canadian teams winning the cup is peculiar at least. And the NHL is that smart. And the NHL wants to get the cash, keep marginal teams afloat, and disastrously for the Leafs, morph into the NHE. Leafs fans have their hot takes and want to get rid of analytics and trade these horrible high skilled players and build the team for 1999, but game 2 and game 7 shows the refs have to help the American broadcast partners. And we are right to look at game 2 and 7 with dismay

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I can’t wait for Columbus to smash some heads. I am sure Anderson and company will be crushing some Bruins. Leafs hit but Columbus is going to demolish these clowns.
I hope Columbus pounds Boston, but let's be serious here; the playoffs this year has been 7 upsets and Boston. I truly believe that Jacobs complained about it being a decade since Boston won, and so the fix is in. And I'm betting as a result, the Boston-Columbus series is going to be called a lot like the series we just watched; Boston can do whatever they want, and Columbus can't brush a guy without a penalty.

Reactions: AreBe

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm looking forward to Columbus laying a beating on Boston as well as John Tortorella crying to the high heavens about the Boston Bruins.
If one thing looks to be certain is that Tortorella will not hold back from the media if he see's Chara on any other Bruins player doing a dirty hit, especially if the refs don't give them any penalties. Bruins fans on HF might have hated the complaining from Leafs fans about the refs, I'm sure they have seen nothing until Tortorella says something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad