Chara Sucker Punches Tavares in the scrum

beleaf101

Aug 9, 2009
The Leafs should send in the tape to the NHL. If the league doesn't do any thing then that's on them. Dubas and Babs should watch the tape and wake up and get us some protection. Martin would be nice oh we traded him for a ECHL goalie.

Reactions: MarnerPeachFuzz

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
I'm surprised players aren't policing themselves on the ice.

/s

(But seriously, I'm really surprised a Raffi Torres or Ryan Holwegg haven't "gone in" with their sticks)

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
He also punched a helmet-less Matthews in the back of the head repeatedly.

The league is a farce.
Maybe it has more with to do with not crying everytime somthing illegal happens these players learn how to blend in from the minors. The amount of Sons and Daughter's that get illgeally butt ended in a year is whats sicking thats were they should be stopping that. Spears sucker punchs. Fights. You guys need to watch some 80s highlights. Remeber when Bobby Clark broke Kharlamov this was mild. I the Saturdays alright for fighting. This generation cant handle it so bring it to there level. Better places that you could help end violence or proverty. I get it though your suburban kid might see it and become trouble as you ignore them and werent there to explain why to guys want to get punched in the face for a million dollars. Also without a doubt some players just have to keep moving and not look at the ref keep going 100 ten percent for the puck. Leo Komerov had the nack to get people to draw a penalty on them. He kept moving forwards kept trying for the puck till someone hualed him down. Not once someone touches your stick or gets in your way you and then you look at the ref and stop going for the puck. I dont remeber one time someone got a penalty call they wanted when they stopped playing for the puck and just started looking at the ref. Keep in mind the fair is fair is for the minnors. Kadri only got suspended because everyone wants less unnecessary roughness. Leafs didnt make a bruin angry all series.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
What pisses me of is when the Bruins took every opportunity to slash, jab, crosscheck our players after the whistle. Carlo, Krug and MacAvoy all played a foot taller because he knew nobody would make them accountable.
THIS!

All because they have Chara to back them up. Without him, none of them play like that.

Reactions: Tonka and ToneDog

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
So without provocation Marchand cross checked Matthews in the back of the head... and Chara suckered Tavares... sounds about right for the NHL.

When you rely on authority for fairness, this is what you usually get especially when the authority you're appealing to respects strength.

In other NHL organizations they would start preparing for their next meeting in 2019-20. Scores would be settled. With this organization, they'll go about rolling the same boulder up the same hill to prove something is true that has never been true in the history of contact sports.

Reactions: noway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad